build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
11-17-2021, 08:38 PM

[Image: daqb2ha-264d41d0-8bab-4611-883a-0e44d490...uxghdWN4CY]

Pleased that Avantika had listened to her about eating the dried herbs, she wished deep in her being that something would happen. If the sickness was organic, there surely had to be an organic cure for it. Right? They were wolves after all. There wasn't anything more advanced than her ability to find plants, dry them, and make them into concoctions. Or was there? She wasn't sure. All she knew was that she was tired. Deeply tired and sad. So sad that if it wasn't for the ooze brimming around her eyes, she might have cried.

Avantika's reassurance that she would still want her when this was over made her heart flutter. So her losing an eye hadn't really done anything to their feelings. Maybe it had for her because now more than ever, Audra felt needy. She needed help getting around. Needed someone to help her and make sure she wasn't going to get hurt again. She needed Avantika to protect her. When her girlfriend posed the same question to her, Audra turned her face toward the girl with a gentle smile.

"I will always want you. Someone has to protect me," she whispered so softly that she nearly didn't hear herself say it. Reclosing the distance she'd created between them, Audra carefully placed her cheek against Avantika's. Closing her one good eye again, she secretly wished that her dead eye's lid would close too. But now that her body didn't need to get the hole moist, there was no need to blink. It truly was a creepy thing to see as she had spent many hours staring into her reflection to inspect it. A shiver ran down her spine as she was reminded of the first time she'd seen it. Never again did she want to see it.

"I hope these herbs help something, even if only some of the pain goes away," her voice is a mumble against soft fur and hard crystals. The warmth of Avantika's body enveloping her was such a good feeling that she never wanted to leave her side. Listening to the lapping water around their bodies and the drum of the falls behind them, Audra almost falls asleep.

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise