size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
11-22-2021, 03:13 AM

Bowen's body language spoke the volumes of words that her lips didn't as she remained silent while he spoke. Artorias felt at a total loss. He felt weak, useless, unable to protect his own family. How was he supposed to inspire confidence as a leader when some asshole just kept taking potshots at the ones he loved and got away every time unpunished? Oxx made him look pathetic and there was nothing he could do to stop him. He was always two steps behind the maniac. Too late... always too late. Artorias wanted to gather every capable warrior and go rushing out to hunt down and slaughter Oxx for his crimes against the Hallows, his family, and gods knew who else in Ardent who had fallen prey to him, but the Long Night forced him to stay his hand. He needed to protect his wolves first. Leading them blindly on a manhunt in the endless dark would be a surefire way to get someone hurt or killed. His revenge would have to wait until the sun rose once more.

When Artorias touched Bowen's cheek, he felt his smaller sister instantly lean reflexively into his touch, brushing the silken fur of her cheek against his coarse paw pads. She was just as lost as he felt. Her dainty paw lifted to rest over his, her pads noticeably softer than his were, exfoliated from a lifetime of walking saltwater-soaked decks of ships. Bowen nuzzled her face into his paw and Artorias was eager to let her do as she pleased to comfort herself. Anything he could do to bring her peace of mind, heart, and soul, he would do without hesitation. Emerald eyes closed, then opened again and Artorias gazed into those verdant depths while she looked to him for reassurance and guidance.

The next thing Artorias knew, Bowen had reached up to plant a gentle kiss beneath his chin, making his pulse quicken in his veins. Artorias brought a single thickly-corded foreleg up to wrap around Bowen's back while the smaller russet fae pressed her body against his, embracing his beloved sister and tightly surrounding her with protection and love. His heart beat steady and strong just beneath where her head lay against his chest, each thrum another silent vow to keep her and their family safe, no matter the cost. "Fute..." the Carpathian brute muttered under his breath. "If the world weren't ending, I'd send you and Haiku to Abaven until we tore that bastard limb from limb. But that would just put you in greater danger, from him and from the world."

Craning his neck down to plant a gentle kiss between her two caramel-colored ears, Artorias heaved a sigh and pursed his lips in pensive thought. "I need you to stay in the castle, Bo—at least until he's caught or until the Long Night ends. I just... I need to know you're safe, and I can only know that if you're close by at all times." Artorias knew it wouldn't be pleasant for his wayfarer sister to be cooped up in the castle for an indeterminate amount of time, but he hoped she'd understand why he had to make that call. He was willing to do anything to protect the sister he'd thought he'd lost, the sister he loved dearly. Anything he could do to comfort her and make this easier on her, he'd do in a heartbeat.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.