gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-27-2021, 08:27 PM
Restless.

That was the easiest way for Ganta to describe the feeling of his spirit. His visits with Roza, Ulric, and Philomena had done little to reassure the man that he could rest. In fact… the opposite result had occurred. Ganta had been unable to find peace, wandering the spiritual realm of Somnium until, at last, he had found a way down to Boreas. But even as he descended to the world he once knew Ganta knew that it would not be the same.

No longer could he feel the sand between his paws as he padded along the shore. He let loose a sigh, gaze turning towards the ebbing waters of the sea. How he wished that his past sins could be washed away with those waters… He took a step towards the waters as he pondered; could a spirit die twice? To vanish completely, to never be seen again? Would that be a far more fitting fate for a man who had broken his own family, cost them everything…?

‘You were a fool then… and you’re no better now.’ Ganta scolded himself.

‘Perhaps if you had tried harder… Philomena wouldn’t have…’

Ganta shook his head and pressed along the beach, his body giving off a light silver glow. He had come across her spirit just before arriving at this beach. Just as Ulric’s last conversation with him went south so did Philly’s. His little girl spat venom at him and fled into the darkness, a lost spirit to be claimed by the night.

How long had he walked, how long had he been on this beach when Ganta noticed the form of another?

...and of course had to recognize his son.

Ganta froze.

Yes, go ahead, his mind thought bitterly, go make his life worse. Ganta sighed, lowering her gaze. If it wasn’t for the news he carried… he wouldn’t have approached Ulric at all. The last thing he wanted to do was trouble the male more… but Ulric deserved to know…

Slow steps were taken towards Ulric and, once Ganta was close enough, he lifted his ghostly gaze towards the brown furred male.

“Ulric,” He spoke softly. “I’m sorry to bother you…” He kept his gaze on the male and lowered his haunches to the sand. “If you don’t want to be near me again after this fine, but… I have some information I feel you deserve to know…” He kept his gaze on his boy and curled his tail around his toes.

Would Ulric even listen?

I'm here without you...