size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
11-29-2021, 10:03 AM

Maybe it was tragic blow after tragic blow, perhaps it was the exhausting life he lived in captivity, maybe it was just the intensity of the illness in which he battled but Rhyme was dying. He didn’t have any desire to accept or acknowledge that fact but this morning he felt it harder than he had before. The steady ebb of strength and will. Rhyme hadn’t given up, his sheer will kept him going. For the pack, for his family, and for Samara. He’d vowed that he would cling to this life for as long as he could. Even through this illness Rhyme fought to retain normalcy, but it wasn’t to be today.

Samara didn’t have to try very hard to get Rhyme to give up his struggle to get up. As his blue and lavender eyes met her bright blue gaze reality crashed over him. Her gentle word and the many meanings behind it had him gasping for more more than air. He swallowed hard as he settled into their bed and became very quiet for a long moment. This could be one of his last days with the woman he loved, the woman who had repaired his heart and saved his life. The one who had become his other half and shared his life. He was with her now, and he would fight to stay for as long as he could, but time had become a precious resource.

”For as long as I can.” Rhyme would finally promise, his gaze falling to Samara’s paws. He wasn’t going to pull through this, but he continued to try and ignore the truth. Slowly, and quietly, Rhyme reached out to her, trying to pull her closer to his chest. He’d bury his nose in the soft fur of her neck and he’d cling to her like he clung to life. ”Samara…” His voice broke as he struggled inwardly. Now that he was facing the end more than anything he wanted to continue.