An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
12-04-2021, 03:39 PM

The youngest princess was the first to arrive and she greeted Gossamer with a friendly chirp. "Hey there, you up for a healing lesson?" She hoped the young girl would agree but if not she knew Aris was probably game. Gossamer just hoped she could teach at a level that would be satisfactory to both of them, particularly the youngest as her lesson might be considered a bit advanced. Well, if the child had an interest in healing it would be good for her to know what she was getting into.

Aris arrived and shot a playful comment about her appearance. Gossamer stuck her tongue out at her litter mate. "Hey, I'm doing much better and am no longer contagious. If you wanted to see horror you should've seen me a week ago." She shuddered lightly at the memory. That was probably the sickest she'd ever been in her life.

"Ok, let's get started. I'm Gossamer. Morgawr, this is Aris. We're your aunts and your father wanted me to start instructing you in healing. I was thinking we could all make some Marigold Salve today. It's stuff you can put on cuts, burns, bruises and bug bites to stop bleeding and keep injuries from getting infected."
Using one of her claws she flipped off the lid of a small tin that held some already made calendula salve. She tipped it to show her sister and niece.

"The first step is mixing dried calendula flowers with lard or olive oil. Just enough to cover and combine with your flowers." Animal by products were far easier for a wolf to come by, but she managed to trade with a small nomadic group for some olive oil. The wolf she'd dealt with had also explained the process. She was eager to give it a try when her full strength returned. "I've taken care of that step since when you mix marigold flowers with olive oil you need to let it sit for 4 to 6 weeks so the oil has time to get the good stuff out of the flowers." Gossamer proudly pulled out a large amber-colored jar with a large cork. Within it you could just make out the marigold flowers swirling about in the oil.