size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Talia

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
12-10-2021, 10:19 AM
Macabre blinked in awe as Misery explained what this place was. A soft grin alighted his lips, fascination glowing as brightly as his luminescent eyes. So, the sands weren’t nearly as boring or dull as he initially thought. He knew his older brother wouldn’t drag him to a land with no purpose - surely he had intentions of teaching him a lesson yet again. And he’d listen for sure.

The boy followed closely behind his sibling, careful to stick near him and not stray off, lest he be punished. He knew boundaries and consequences enough to stay out of danger, heeding his words of warning. Misery snatched up an injured rabbit, clearly suffering and bloody. Mac felt nothing towards it, not even a twinge of sympathy. It was an emotion reserved only for those he was closest to, and even then, its supply was limited. He didn’t care about the life of one little prey creature, and as Misery tossed it into the sinking pile of quicksand, Mac watched with the widest of grins. It was weak, pathetic. Thus, he delighted in its suffering. "That’s so cool.." Mac said, his voice tapering off as the creature slowly sank deeper into the pool. "How does the sand do that? Is it magic or something?" He didn’t bother to ask about the rabbit, as he didn’t care enough about the thing to think about its welfare in the moment. Like Misery, he thought it was disposable.  

Pausing in his enrapt observation of the scen in front of them, he looked up at Misery, not noticing how much attention his sibling gave him in that moment. He was being observed, he knew that, but not the extent of it. "You don’t have to worry, Misery. I’m not foolish enough to run around this place." Not without guidance, anyways. Knowing Misery, he likely knew a path through these dangerous sands without getting trapped himself.

i’m evil to the core!—
what i shouldn’t do i will
they say i’m emotional—
what i want to save i’ll kill