An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-16-2021, 12:41 AM

Aqua eyes watch Rudy as he explains why snares are useful. Fern understands the concept and she nods along as she looks over the beginning of a snare. Meadow had tried to teach Fern the arts of healing but the gray girl had never had aptitude and inclination to learn. While Rudy and Fern had made their way back to the castle, Rudy had talked to her about adventures and learning to hunt. Her eyes had been wide with wonder as Fern ponder the possibility of her becoming a hunter alongside him. When the pair had made back to the castle, Fern had been exhausted with dreams of being a great hunter already dancing in front of her still open eyes. However, fear had settle in her stomach as she realized she did not want to leave Rudy. A part of her was afraid that, when she fell asleep, all this would disappear and she would be left alone again.

Rudy had promised her it wasn’t a dream and offered to show her by having her spend the night in his room… with him. Too tired to care what others might think, Fern gratefully followed the mottled gray wolf to his room, moving to lay on his bed of furs and rest. She was restless and fidgety until Rudy had laid next her, placing his head gently on her neck. Fern had fallen asleep immediately and had the best night sleep she has had in a long time. When she blinked her eyes opens, happiness filled her when found Rudy was still there. A profound sense of relief had taken over and she did not want to leave his side. So, when Rudy asked if she had wanted to learn how to make a snare, Fern had, of course, said yes.

Brows furrow in concentration as she looks over the stripes of leather, watching carefully the way he starts to braid several strands together. He waves a paw at for her to take over and Fern nods firmly, determination driving her on. Taking the already started loops between her paws, Fern tries to manipulate the stripes using her toes. After several minutes struggling with the leather, Fern manages to get a couple, sloppy loops started. Frustration at herself mounting, Fern sits back and huffs dejectedly. Looking to Rudy, Fern says, “I don’t know Rudy. This is really difficult and… I don’t have cool friends like you do.” She gestures toward the Tasmanian devil and casts a glance to the sky where Reddy circles. Shaking her head, she adds, “Maybe they should help you. I…” she bites her lip not finishing the thought. Sad eyes look away.

"Fern"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.