size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-16-2021, 02:12 PM

Rudy watches Fern work quietly, letting her focus on it.  He’s well aware of how tricky it is and would probably give up on it plenty of the time without Savage helping out.  At her frustration of the leather not working with her Rudy lowers his head, putting his muzzle under her chin and pushing up with a light attempt at encouragement.

“C’mon Fern, no one’s great right away besides, as you mentioned I mostly have Savage help me a lot.”  Rudy moved the snare to tighten up the few braids Fern had done and slide it back, “Keep trying.  We could always try and find you a pet if you want to help.  Thing is, you do it now and it being slow makes it easier for you to remember the process and you can tell a pet what to do later on.”  Rudy shrugged, “I actually prefer hunting without making snares but, it’s a skill to know when necessary.”

The young man gave Fern a small smile, “When we go hunting most of the time it’ll be without all this hassle, but right now neither one of us are at our best.  Hunting is great to know for those adventuring also.  Need to be able to get a meal.”  Rudy would have been wagging his tail if he had one, for now, it was just a bit of fluff behind his rump that swayed.  When he realized what he was doing the tail stopped moving.  His heart sank some with the awareness of it again being gone.

“Once we make this snare we can go enjoy the fun part.” Rudy tried to shake off the awareness of how foolish he looked without a tail and focus on being with Fern and the task at hand.

Rudyard Carpathius