An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-16-2021, 08:49 PM
A roll of her eyes and slight nudge of Rudy’s shoulder is Fern’s answer to his wise words. A smile ghosts across her lips as she starts working on braiding the leather. When he asks about Rigel, Fern says, “He helped mom pick and dry herbs for healing. Said she found the owl while exploring with a winged wolf. I think she said his name was… Mortis?” Shrugging her shoulders, Fern tries to show that she doesn’t necessarily trust her memories or the stories her mother told. The gray girl has never seen a winged wolf in person and she doubts on really exists. Meadow had lived with her head in clouds but Fern tries to remain grounded in reality. Chuckling she adds, “Mom didn’t spy Rudy, she was a healer. Not the most… graceful wolf either. If she did try to spy, she probably wouldn’t have been very good. But Rigel was really cool, I never heard the flap of his wings. Owls are neat. I wish I knew what happened to him.” A small sigh escapes without Fern noticing, just another piece of her past gone forever.

When she sits back, once more shifting her hips to lean lightly into Rudy’s side, Fern watches as Rudy tests her handywork. A happy smile appears when he nods head, glad that her first attempt at braiding is passable. His next words bring with them a sense of dread and the explanation that follows has her groaning inwardly. Tie a knot? He already saw the way she works with her paws, was this his way of trying to trip her up? Rudy doesn’t know she has an ace up her sleeve for this. But, before she starts her work, Fern once more places a paw on his and licks his cheek, letting Rudy know she will always support him.

Sitting back up, eyes sparkling with glee, Fern throws Rudy a playful wink as she takes the braided leather between her paws. Taking her time, pinning one end down while maneuvering the other, Fern loops one side around the other. Then using the other paw to keep the middle of loop trapped against the ground. Fern grabs the loose end with her teeth and pulls. The ends tighten together, forming a knot with a large ring in the middle. Sitting back, a smug grin on her lips, Fern explains, “My mom was a healer Rudy. Learned to tie knots for bandages and herbs when I was little. She tried to teach me the healing arts but…” Shrugging her shoulders, Fern shakes head before saying, “it wasn’t my thing.”

"Speech"
Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.