An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-16-2021, 10:26 PM

Eyes look up to Rudy as she leans against him, seeing the crooked smile and, for a moment, the cocky wolf that she had first met. Sadness tugs at her heart as his words falter and fade, losing the mirth they had started with. She leans into him a little more, hoping her presence will ground and calm him. It is an act he has done for her before and she hopes it helps him. Listening as Rudy talks of childhood dreams and being a spy. A smile ticks her mouth up as she remembers the few scant months of childhood innocence she had and how she tried to convince Meadow that she was going to be the best fighter in the world. She shares her secret, “When I was little I wanted to be fighter. Strong and unafraid. Able to protect the weak and…” her smile falters, dropping as she remembers her mother’s gruesome death.

Fern’s eyebrows shoot upward as she looks up at Rudy in shock when he speaks of the winged wolf, saying, “You mean… Mortis is real? I… I just thought he was one of those stories she made up to tell me at bedtime. Maybe she was telling the truth more than I knew.” Shaking her head, slightly angry at herself, the gray girl looks straight ahead of her. When Rudy offers to talk to Reddy about finding her another owl friend, the smile returns and she shakes her head, saying, “Thank you Rudy but it is okay. Rigel is gone and so is Meadow. Some things are better left in the past and an owl might bring up memories I am not ready to deal with.” Maybe, in time, she will be but for now, Fern would rather let her demons rest.

When she had pushed away and showed Rudy she knows how to tie knots, his words pull a laugh from Fern. She shakes her head happily until he leans over and licks her muzzle. Twice. The smile she wears takes on a dreamy quality as she looks at him. She asks, “Can we sit here a while longer? I like just being close to you. When I am with you I… feel like everything is going to being okay and that nothing bad will happen. I… just want to enjoy it. Just for a moment. Please?” Fern’s smaller body moves to press into Rudy’s once more, reveling in the closeness of him.

"Fern"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.