build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-19-2021, 06:42 PM
Theory listened without judgement, her face impassive as Solo relayed the tale. It pained her deeply that he hadn't come to her sooner, and for a moment she thought it a personal failing. Was she not leading the pack in such a way that he felt comfortable coming forward? But of course, there were other complicating factors. The disease.. The infection had run so deep through the land that she was unsure still of who had been effected and how severely. Gathering her thoughts quickly, Theory stood up and paced around to his side so that they sat shoulder and stared together into the evening light. Had the day already passed by so quickly? A shiver ran down her spine as she recalled the long, long nights they had just endured. "You're not alone. I was deeply effected by the sickness... and I failed you by not being present. For you and for the pack." Theory nudged him encouragingly with her shoulder if he'd allow the touch. "Thank you for coming to me. The child, Raure, is he safe? Recovering well? I'd like to see to him soon. Sunlight seems to help the most to cure the affliction."

She took a deep, steadying breath. "You acted with courage in the moment, even if you were being influenced by the sickness. You saved his life, and I thank you for that." To think that they would lose another life to those cliffs, even one she had never known, pained her. Too many lights had been snuffed out by the darkness. Spring had dawned and cleansed the land with gentle sun - it was a time of new beginnings. "I won't punish you. It's clear by the guilt you feel that you've extracted any lesson out this experience that you could have. Now that the boy is faring better, has his story changed? Is he truly an orphan?" Theory probed. "The sickness is known to effect the mind. My only fear is... retaliation, if he strayed from a pack's lands."