size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
12-21-2021, 02:34 AM

We spar a lot here, and Halo nodded thoughtfully. She figured they would, the training of warriors was something to be taken seriously. That seemed to be doubly true when the man at their helm was called The Warlord. The girl wondered how long it would be until she saw a serious injury, either the fault of training gone wrong or a real fight gone bad. In the back of her mind, there was always the possibility that something would happen, and she did her best to stay prepared. "The lamb's ear can help stop some of the swelling, and keep things clean and padded," she explained.

Halo's tail wagged as he joined her inside the den. He'd eat fish, that was a good start. Carefully, Halo grabbed the jar of dried minnows and set it between them. If the boy ate them all, that was a-okay... plenty more where those came from, as the fish served as little more than pests when she was trying to get her chores done. She'd dried them with rosemary and sage both, the latter of which had some decent anti-inflammatory effects according to the healer she'd learned from in her parent's band. "Let me know what you think, I've been eating them whole and I think they're quite tasty," she smiled, tail wagging.

As the boy talked of his training, Halo snagged a minnow for herself before turning back to the dye spoon on the fire. Carefully, she tugged it free, waiting for it to cool on one of the broad flat rocks before beginning to stir and squish the berries with her paw. "Nicely done, can you remind Levi and Callie to come see me soon for checkups too please?" Her smile was warm, listening to the child as he explained. "A crocodile, that sounds intense," Halo couldn't even imagine taking down a predator so large. The panther that she and Sirius had taken out her first day was already far larger than anything she'd even attempted to harvest. "Maybe one of your uncles will spar with you," she suggested softly, carefully returning the dye to the fire and turning back to Basilisk. "And you can teach me sometime, your grandfather has been helping me learn how to defend myself." Halo had been taught early that teaching a skill to someone else could aid in the learning process, and any practice she could get was good practice.
[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]