An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
12-22-2021, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2021, 07:28 PM by Sota. Edited 1 time in total.)

By the time he lifted his head, Sota looked a little embarrassed; his bowing was a habit he'd stopped just before the long night, and in all of its strangeness he found himself returning to it. Though he knew he'd never return home - he had a home now, and one he quite liked - he still thought of his upbringing fondly, and clinging to some of his culture seemed even more important these days even when some parts had been abandoned entirely. He let out a bashful little laugh and relaxed himself down onto his stomach, facing Artorias properly now. "I'll try to remember you dislike it." He meant that, but that didn't mean he'd remember it perfectly in the future. "And - I know it's strange, but I don't bow because I think you're above me. In my homelands, bowing was a sign of respect among equals, done even for those you disliked. We were taught to do it as children, and taught its importance. Bowing too hastily or lazily? You may as well insult someone's mother," he explained, another laugh following his words.

Still grinning, he took the moment to let his eyes flutter shut and enjoy where he lay, even if only for a moment. He could feel the sun tickling his nose and only the faintest hint of a breeze slipping by. The sounds of the lazy creek surrounding him filled his ears, only broken up by the occasional sound of birds and insects nearby, all taking full advantage of the newfound sunshine. He wasn't much of an explorer, deciding that he'd seen plenty of the world already, but he was reminded that there was more of Auster he wouldn't mind seeing, and the added company of his packmates definitely helped.

He opened his eyes, giving Artorias a quick nod. "Of course, anything at all," he answered eagerly. Though he was generally an introverted wolf he largely considered himself an open pack, eager to help others where they needed it and do what was required him - answering questions included. "I asked her to join, actually. I broke my leg and managed to get to the border of whatever pack I could find. I offered my services to The Hallows in exchange for a place to heal and regain my strength.. and I guess I never left," he finished with a shrug. "I'd never really found anywhere I felt I belonged, so once I started too feel like I could actually make somewhere my home, I decided to stick it out. I wasn't really raised to live like this - you know, in a pack where people help others even if they don't get anything out of it - but I think it's what I was always looking for."

Sota has a male bamboo lemur companion named Kaito, he's sometimes nearby but usually only if stated!