size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
12-22-2021, 07:48 PM

The Aegis made a mental note that Theory had once known his mother. He would have to question her about Resin more when the time was better. Ever since taking over the Hallows and seeing the ghost of his mother returned to the living realm during the Long Night, he had an insatiable thirst to learn more about the wolf his adoptive mother had been. He'd only scarcely known her less than a year when he was but a pup before she'd been ripped away from their family. He needed to know more about the wolf who had helped shape him into who he was today. From all accounts he'd heard so far, everyone had nothing but positive things to say for the departed Resin. A protector, a guardian, a healer, fair and just yet firm and resolute. Everything he aspired to be himself. If she could see him now, would she be proud to see what he had become?

Artorias gave an impressed nod when Theory mentioned between bites of food that Sirius had offered to send instructors her way. He knew how the Armada held their trainers in high regard; to convince him to part with one for even a short time was a feat to be respected. She spoke briefly of Fenmyre, but Artorias was confused to hear that a wolf named Dalila had responded and not Chimera. A twinge of concern twisted the Aegis' heart. Had something happened to the alpha of Fenmyre? He hadn't heard from the pack since the Long Night ended. Perhaps he should send a raven to make sure they were all right. Artorias gave a soft chuckle when Theory mentioned her trips to Valhalla and Ashen. "I've met the alphas you mention. Aurielle and Venom seem the type to find value in education. Hattori..." The dark-furred wolf snickered and smirked. "He's a... ah, acquired taste." Artorias noted she didn't mention Aerie, Fireside, nor Habari, but he hadn't met Aerie's or Habari's alphas either. They were seclusive packs, for sure.

Theory provided him the clarity he sought when she explained that not only did she know of Sparrow and Pirate's Plunder, but that the woman was her cousin. "I must have missed news of this pack dissolving. Then again, word doesn't tend to travel south quickly, heh..." Artorias poured himself some water and took a long drink of the cool water. The pack that dissolved must have been Incendium, one of the other packs he and Ulric had tried to visit and were not received at. He remembered the lands had seemed abandoned, scents stale. "You know, you're very reassuring, Theory!" he remarked with a jesting laugh. He figured he at least owed her a reason behind the ask. "We caught her poking around our borders twice now. I invited her in, but she declined. She's not exactly forthcoming with her intentions, and that puts me on edge. I have a duty to protect all those in Hallowed lands."

Artorias glanced back to Theory then, a darkness coming to his bright eyes. What he had to say, he hoped would seem diplomatic and not threatening, but he had to ensure the safety of his wolves. "I know you cannot speak on your cousin's behalf, but you've been straight with me, so I will be with you too. If you hold any sway over your cousin, please discourage her from doing anything regrettable towards the Hallows. We are essentially a hospital, open to all who come in peace. But I watched my mother die to protect this dream, and I will defend it with the same intensity that she did." Artorias did not know Sparrow, but based on his interaction with her, he did not trust her either. If her own family could not predict her, then he would need to prepare for the worst. He did not wish to harm anyone, but if they came for his home and his family, he would do all he could to ruin them.

Wanting to shift the conversation back towards the subject she'd come for and to lighten the mood once more, Artorias relaxed his expression and offered Theory a smile. "Sirius has offered you instructors to help kickstart your program, and if you'd allow us, I'd like to do the same. I have a number of wolves that are very talented. Combat, medicinal sciences, hunting, you name it. If you need temporary instructors, I might be able to find someone to help you get started." Theory could very well have had her program all set and ready to go, but it didn't feel right to not give his fellow alpha something to return home with. He knew Avantika had taken an interest in teaching combat, and Syanna had made greta headway into her botany and pharmaceutical studies. And then there was Iolaire, who, while eccentric, was one of the brightest wolves he knew. Artorias wanted to rebuild the relationship Abaven and the Hallows had apparently once held before his time. The world needed more friends and fewer enemies.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.