An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-23-2021, 10:33 PM

The gray pair move through the land of berry bushes, maple trees and animals. The Firefly Guy had appeared once more, offering them both special items. Fern had been with Rudy as he looked over his items, the firefly thing offering one that was intangible... a blessing. Of course, Rudy had picked that one, eager to find out exactly what a ‘Deer Dad’s Blessing’ is. With a wave of his firefly hand, the items had shifted and a new set of things sat on the table. He had spoken to Fern then, gesturing broadly over the items offering them in exchange for the seven mushrooms she had found. Aqua eyes trailed over each object before she settled one three items.

Poking a paw toward a vial, some boots, and an odd shaped object, Fern had traded the mushrooms for the items. She gathered them together and, as she stepped back from the table, everything disappeared in the blink of an eye. Both table Firefly Guy, gone. She had cast Rudy a questioning look and the pair decided to find a secluded place to test out their items. The bag Fern had burrowed to carry the items in is hung loosely over her back, items clinking together every now and then. Walking next to Rudy, Fern casts her eyes around for a spot to comfortable sit. Rudy stops and Fern follows suit, casting him a questioning look. She follows his gaze, finding a deer in the open.

He speaks, musing out loud about his blessing. Letting out a small sigh, he informs her that they will not hunt this one in respect for his blessing. Tossing her a wink, Fern catches his soft plea to the deer dad. Aqua eyes turn to the deer and then back to the mottled gray form of Rudy. A gentle smile appears as Fern says, “Why don’t you try to talk to it? I will leave you two in peace. I’ll be right over there.” Pointing a gray paw toward a tree that is slightly behind and to the right of Rudy. Fern reaches up to plant a kiss on Rudy’s cheek before moving toward the spot. Looking back quickly, she adds, “Be safe Rudy.”

With that the girl moves to sit at the base of the tree she had pointed out. Dropping the bag on the ground gently, Fern tips the contents onto the leaves that litter the dirt. Separating the items, Fern takes a deep breath preparing to test them. Rustling in a bush nearby Fern catches her attention and she looks to see Puff poke her head out. The stoat jumps down and moves toward her, glancing at the objects. Puff asks, “What are those things?” as she moves to poke and prod each item. Fern snatches the vial of silvery liquid away from small paws, saying, “I don’t know yet Puff. But I am going to find out.”

The stoat raises a question eyebrow, opening her mouth to protest, but Fern has already pulled the cork on the potion and is tipping it back. The cool, silver liquid hits her tongue and Fern makes a face as she swallows the bitter potion. Smacking her lips and tongue, trying to rid her mouth of the taste, Fern’s body gives a small shudder before the taste disappears completely. Little eyes bore holes in Fern’s head and looks down to Puff. The stoat says, “And??” Gray shoulders shrug and Fern says, “Well I didn’t die! That is good, right?” Puff narrows her eyes before shrugging small shoulders. The stoat moves over to the boots and points at them, saying, “Bet those go over your paws.” Looking to items, Fern nods her head and pulls them closer.

Puff takes a few steps back, looking at the items. Fern puts the two over her back paws and Puff moves up to help the gray girl tie the laces. Puff eyes Fern and the gray girl shrugs again, moving to the strange twisted object (coat hanger). Picking it up, Fern looks at it carefully turning it over with her paws before looking to Puff. The stoat speaks up, seeming to read Fern’s thoughts, “No clue.” Frowning, Fern brings it to her mouth and nibbles the small, twisted metal object. Pulling it away from her mouth, Fern says, “Doesn’t taste like anything.” Puff shrugs, saying, “Maybe you’re not supposed it eat it. Try scratching your fur.” Gray head bobs as Fern moves the object to rub the pointy part on an itchy spot under her chin. Smiling as she scratches, Fern say, “Well, at least this one is good for itches!”

"Rudyard & Fern"

Puff

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.