gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard
12-29-2021, 12:38 AM

Kione nodded to Scylla’s explanation of the knife.  It was smart.  Instead of her just accepting she had a smaller mouth and couldn’t bite as deep she had found a working solution.  The weapon balanced out nicely her ability to fight.  As she grew up she’d become more dangerous for careless predators that underestimated her.

“It’s a lovely thing to have blood family but it's not the only way.” Kione wouldn’t have considered it in the past really.  Family had all been blood but necessity taught a canine all manner of lessons.  “What’s really important sis is the bond you have with another.  ‘Far as I’m concerned your as much my little sister as any of my blood-related brothers and sisters were.”  Were.  Past tense.  All dead now. Most of them had been buried.  Well, this wasn’t a time for sadness, this was a time for building back what he’d lost.

She liked learning and she liked cutting into dead things.  They could do that. “Well Scylla, we’ll go out as oft’ as possible and find a variety of creatures to kill so ya get some variety.”  Kione didn’t particularly care what they killed.  He was better killing things that fought back instead of things that ran away but they’d work with whatever they could get.

“I’d love to see your collection.”  He wasn’t sure what would make others dislike her collection but Kione doubted he’d have any problem with it.  Family should support each other at their hobbies whatever they were.  “Seeing what you have in this collecting might help me figure out other things we should kill to add to it, right?”

Apparently, the hyena was to be left behind.  Kione grinned and lowered the shoulder down that was closest to her, making it easier for her to get up on his back. “Lass, you helped take down a cluster of hyenas, no one that can do that deserves to be treated like a babe.” It wasn’t polite words, as far as Kione could see she’d done a task not all adult wolves could do as far as Kione imagined.  Hyenas were cruel aggressive things.  

Kione chuckled softly at her declaration of leaving.  Feeling her well balanced on his back Kione walked for a few strides to let her collect her balance to his movements.  Once he was confident she was well set he’d move out to a faster stride, a slow lope, and then a faster one.  Kione was sure to pay attention to her balance as he headed back towards the pack.  Perhaps in his list of things Kione loved he should include running.  If he didn’t get enough running or fighting in Kione would grow positively restless.  No one should spend a day staying still.

"Kione"
[Image: vG9tCXw.png?1]
[Image: 7bkN6k5.gif]