size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
12-29-2021, 09:56 PM

Venom came to sit closer to him as he offered her a selection of the ripe berries and the two began to chitchat about the ongoings of their packs and inter-pack relations. Artorias popped a juicy red raspberry into his mouth while Venom regaled him on how Theory had visited them as well, and how Ashen might not have survived the Long Night much longer. The young alpha's expression grew grim, turning to peer at the empress with worry in his fire-touched eyes. He didn't need to ask the question on his mind, however, as she carried on to explain that almost all of her wolves had recovered. Almost all. Artorias didn't need to ready between the lines. Ashen had suffered casualties. His heart sank for the gloved lady beside him. He didn't know the pain of losing a wolf under his rule, but he knew it would be an eventuality he would one day have to face.

"I'm sorry to hear it wasn't all of your wolves that recovered," he said, voice heavy with empathy for his fellow leader. Watching while she ate the berries, Artorias quipped an intrigued brow. He hadn't know the extent of the Abraxas queen's mutations, but after seeing the cat claw and serpent tongue, he was highly intrigued. He popped a strawberry into his mouth and chewed, looking around the brambly thicket once more, trying to discern how this place had grown over so much. Venom asked about the Hallows then, and Artorias breathed a heavy sigh. "All things considered, we were very fortunate. There was no loss of life, but several of my wolves were left... permanently maimed." His lips pursed into a tight line while he glanced over to hold the Empress' amethystine eyes. "One is blind in an eye, another is crippled and will never walk again."

Artorias breathed another sigh while he tipped his muzzle up to gaze at the sky overhead through the thicket of tree canopies. He rueful smirk touched his lips. He felt far older beyond his years, a curse of being forced to grow up far too fast by a cruel world and unforgiving life. "I suppose that's the curse of leadership though, huh? When things are going well, you feel great, like nothing can touch you. But when you see your wolves in pain... in fear... It's like the weight of the world comes crashing down on you and you're powerless to stop it." Artorias was still new to leadership. He admired the cool demeanor of the gloved empress. She was the definition of regality and grace, a strong and confident leader to her people. Sometimes Artorias wondered if he'd ever be like she was, or like Sirius or Theory or any of the other infamous alphas of Boreas.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.