An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
12-30-2021, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 08:28 PM by Briar. Edited 1 time in total.)
Briar nodded and grinned to Hikaru when he followed her recommendation for the piece he was making, admiring his handiwork with the pendant he was knotting into the twine. He really did have an eye for this kind of stuff and, more importantly, a talent for making it come to life. "It's looking great. Maybe balance out the bigger pendant with some smaller ones on either side?" she suggested, but she was honestly just curious to see what he would come up with. He had taken more quickly to their crafting adventures than she had. She had lots of ideas, but she wasn't as good at executing them. Turning her attention to Shuriken again with the question about fighting with her antlers, she nodded with understanding about not wanting to damage the velvet as her adult antlers grew in. "That's a good call. Maybe we can just go over some tips for you to practice later then?" she offered, which tied in nicely to what Kione said of wanting to see different techniques and learning how to defend against someone with antlers even if he didn't have them himself. She grinned and said, "Well, Kione, would you mind helping me with a demonstration then?"

She got up and motioned for the wild dog to do the same, taking a couple of steps away from where Shuriken and Hikaru were sitting, and squaring off with her pretend opponent. "The big thing to remember about fighting with antlers is that even though they can obviously be used on the offensive since they can be so sharp, they can also be used defensively," she explained as she got into a fighting position. She lowered her head so that her antlers were pointing tines out toward Kione, glancing toward Shuriken out of the corner of her eye. "Most opponents aren't going to be very inclined to go diving headfirst into a cluster of knives." She chuckled a bit and looked back to Kione, having to peer up through her own antlers at him. "But it does create some slight difficulties that you can take advantage of, Kione. Obviously if my head is down like this I can't bite at you as easily and it blocks my range of vision a bit. So as long as you're fast on your paws you can duck around to the side and get an attack in there. Go ahead, give it a try and I'll try to block you."

"Briar Fatalis"