An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
01-05-2022, 07:03 AM

Fern has to hand it to Art, he really is a great teacher. The leader knows just the right way to gently correct her, giving pointers while also helping to correct and strength her form. She is determined to learn this style of fighting and she is willing to work day and night to see that she does. Art answers every question she throws at him, helping to further her understanding and to put her trust in the motions. When he steps away to demonstrate the way to protect a different angle, Fern watches his fluid movements with wide eyes. Offering him a nod when he lands, Fern lets out a muffled, “Wow.” Unclear if it can be heard around the hilt in her mouth, she gives him a strong nod when he tells her not worry about the advanced footwork yet and her mouth moves as she tries to say around the around the sword, “Trust me, I won’t be trying that anytime soon.” Truthfully, Fern is uncertain how much of her words are garbled and how much can be understood. Hopefully lesson two will revolve around how to speak with a sword in her mouth.

And then Artorias rejoins her, they continue to move through the paces, this time side by side, as Fern slowly builds confidence in her forms. She knows this work is important, that Art is laying the base to build upon and the gray girl is determined to commit each movement to memory. With time, she expects herself to make them muscle memory, able to fall and out of the forms without too much thought. But for now, she drills. She is so focused on working through each movement that Fern is unaware when Artorias slowly slips back allowing her to lead. Barely turning her head when he speaks, the gray girl keeps up her rhythm of attack. Reaching the edge of the ring, Fern turns around to start again, noticing Artorias now stands off to the side. Eyes flick over to him for a moment before restarting her forms.

Every critique and pointer he offers her is taken to heart, adjustments are made and advice taken. After a couple more passes, Fern stops a moment to take a breather. Placing the sword down, Fern licks her lips and works her jaw, ears perking up when Art asks her about the armor and weapon. Rolling her shoulders, Fern shrugs and says, “It feels… weird. The armor… moves but is stiffer than I like. It feels clunky and I have to compensate when I make turns so the weight of the armor and the weapon don’t pull me over. As for the sword…” She looks down at the wooden weapon contemplating her opinion. After a moment she says, “It is different. The weight makes me feel unsteady at times but if I lower my center of gravity more and lean backward a little, it helps. Still, it’s not my favorite feeling but I can get used to it.” She flashes him smile before moving to pick the wooden weapon back up, all while ready to listen to Art and continue on.

"Fern"|"Puff"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.