An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
01-05-2022, 01:33 PM
Briar's ear turned toward Shuriken when she called her name to get her attention, glancing toward the princess curiously before Kione jumped into this small practice fight. When asked about whether she used her antlers or teeth more she hummed thoughtfully for a moment before answering, "It depends on the situation and whether I have my companions and armor with me. If I have more eyes looking out for me and more things to block potential attacks I don't mind taking the extra risk to possibly get a bigger hit with the antlers. If I'm on my own I might play it more safe and keep it to teeth. Though honestly-" she lifted one of her paws, flexing her toes to extend her claws- "more often than not I'll start with claws and feel it out from there. I can either grip on and keep them close for bites or shove them away and get enough distance to use antlers." She sincerely hoped that she was imparting some kind of helpful wisdom to the young princess. For being her first time teaching a real lesson on her own she felt like it was going okay, but not knowing her audience very well did make things slightly challenging.

Refocusing her attention on Kione, she bent her legs slightly as she prepared herself to fend him off. It wasn't a real fight, merely a demonstration, but he was noticeably smaller and lighter than herself so he was going to be able to move much faster and would no doubt be hard to keep up with. Sure enough, after a moment of consideration he took off running, but she was careful not to swing her head around trying to follow him. She turned her head slightly to keep him in her peripheral view for as long as possible. When he circled behind her her ears swiveled to listen to the sound of his paw steps and she noticed how there was no hesitation or slowing down so she didn't think he was going to stop to attack her from behind. Anticipating his movements, she turned her head a bit to see him come from the other side. This time when he pivoted and started running the other way she noticed he make have as full tilt of a run so she turned with with him to follow his moments and as soon as he jumped toward her with bite aimed at the top of her neck she lunged toward him as well to try and throw her shoulder into his chest and tossed her head back to try and knock the backs of her antlers into his head. It wouldn't poke or do any real damage and she didn't make any movements that would be strong enough to even cause any bruising, but it gave the idea of what she was going for at least.

"That was good," she told Kione once they disengaged from each other, giving him a grin. "In a more intense battle situation if there were other things for me to focus on or other things covering up the sound of your paw steps that would probably work. Good job using your faster speed to your advantage though!" She looked back to Shuriken and Hikaru, adding, "Another thing to take from that is to stay calm and fully focus on your opponent in a fight too. As long as you don't let yourself get overwhelmed and pick what you react to carefully you'll have a much easier time of it. You don't need to be the fastest or most nimble to have an upper hand."

"Briar Fatalis"