ardent

Mirror Image

Beru

gems
size
build
player
01-06-2022, 10:53 PM

As Beru hunkered down, Oscar and Kyren moved over to look at the wall. The old woman made herself as comfortable as she could manage before the other two came to join her. The stone floor was cold, but the trio would be warm in no time. The tiny donkey came to join her, laying against her side, though he questioned openly as he did so. "We're just lucky, I suppose," the old cow said good naturedly, a smile on her face. "Oh, I suppose we'll find a lot of snow, now won't we?" Snow didn't bother her, but if it snowed as much as she imagined it might, they would have to dig themselves out.

Kyren made a comment about the drawings then asked who made them. Beru Exhaled through her wide nostrils and motioned towards the painted wall. "There used to be tall, hairless monkeys roaming the land. They would do all sorts of strange things. I imagine they did this too," she admitted.

The reindeer came and lay beside her, giving the little donkey a good natured poke before settling down. "Aye, it's a strange time for a storm, but there it is and we must deal with it." A yawn pulled from the big woman, her maw opening to flash flat teeth worn down with age. "We'll deal with all of that in the morning, shall we?" Giving herself a little wiggle to get more comfortable, the rhino cow lowered her head to rest upon one bent ankle. Closing her warm honeyed eyes, she feigned drifting off to sleep. In all actuality, she waited for Kyren and Oscar to fall asleep most nights before she fell asleep. It was the motherliness in her. She worried for them and herbivores had to worry more than most.

"Speech"