gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

Pride - Bisexual
01-07-2022, 11:52 AM
Before she could reach the door she heard Balthier behind her and she hesitated, stopping mid step as he said her name and told her to stay. She tensed as he spoke, her ears falling back against her head. As with everything else in her life when it came to her brother, she was conflicted and torn. She was happy to finally be acknowledged in some way and to actually hear him speak to her even if it was to tell her not to leave, but it occurred to her that if she turned around and went back to bed then nothing would change. This destructive pattern of love and hate would just continue to roll through their lives and tear them apart along the way, but what other choice did she have? The thought of trying to leave him was terrifying and heart breaking despite the pain he caused and she didn't know where else to go. She could pretend and try to make the best of it, but that almost hurt worse.

She let herself look back toward him, tired desperation etched on her face. "Why would I, Balth?" she asked quietly, her ears pinned back as she reluctantly turned to face him. She remained in the middle of the room, refusing to come closer just yet. "So I can lay there in frustrated silence some more or think about how guilty our love makes you or think about how I'm not Psalm some more?" She sighed and grit her teeth, shaking her head as she looked down at the floor. "No... No, I don't think I will. I'd rather... I'd rather sleep somewhere else." She almost said she'd rather be without him, but that wasn't entirely truthful either. There was still some worn and weathered hope in her chest that things could blow over and get better, but in this moment her emotions were still too raw to just forgive and forget. She started to turn toward the door again, doubtful that anything had changed.

"Azzurra & Balthier"