size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
01-12-2022, 02:44 AM

Now it was Artorias' turn to give an amused laugh along with his fellow leader. "My ears are good, but I'm afraid they're not quite that good. Shame, too. Sounds like it was quite the spectacle!" Artorias had never witnessed a fight with quite the heavy implications as a pack challenge; to miss it felt like he'd missed a once in a lifetime opportunity. When Theory explained that Sparrow was entirely a loose cannon without any real sway or ideals guiding her actions, that both reassured and unsettled the young alpha. It meant that Sparrow and her lot were most likely little more than a ragtag bunch of renegades looking to cause a mess rather than a real legitimate threat, but it also meant that she couldn't be stopped and likely didn't give two shits about what the rest of the world thought of her. A wolf like that was dangerous.

"I appreciate the offer more than you know, Theory," he replied when she said she would urge Sparrow to consider her moves carefully the next time she saw her cousin. "I don't intend to do harm to anyone, but if pushed, we will meet force with force. A sanctuary that cannot protect itself is a sanctuary to no one." He knew Theory could only do so much with a wolf that lived inside her own head, but the sentiment meant a great deal to him. Theory was a wolf cut from the same cloth as himself, it seemed. They both valued the virtues of peace and leaving the world a better place. It was a shame it took them so long to finally meet, or that their packs lived such a distance apart. Once he had his wolves in ranks and positions he wanted them in, he'd have to look into creating a semi-permanent liaison position with Abaven to help maintain their packs' relations.

The topic shifted to Resin then, and Artorias found his ears flicking back to his head in reflexive response. Dark clouds gathered in his usually bright eyes while they dipped to gaze at the bowl of water he'd been drinking, absentmindedly nudging it with his paw to create little ripples in its surface. Theory spoke lovely words of his mother, having met her when she was very young also. It was one of Artorias' only regrets in life: that he would never know his mother the way so much of the world had. All he had of her was stories and memories. He'd been just a puppy for the time he'd known her, losing her just at the turn of his first birthday, when he'd finally be able to see her as the wolf the rest of the world knew her as. It felt like he'd been robbed in many ways because of that—but it was also why he was so resolute to protect what she had created. "Thank you for your kind words, Theory. She was a magnificent wolf, and she will always be remembered as such."

Fortunately, their topic switched back to the business at hand, and Artorias was able to look back up again and focus on the reason Theory was here. Her requirements for educators was simple: they needed only to adopt an official rank within Abaven for the duration of their stay. She asked if he had anyone in particular in mind, and Artorias mulled it over for a moment. "I can think of a few who might fit the bill. My sister has mastered the science of medicine at a young age. She's our Chief Physician. I also have one of my Vanguard, Ezra Adravendi, an exceptionally talented fighter and hunter. He actually won the yearling bracket at Ashen's tournament last year. He has a girlfriend, Syanna, who is also highly talented with practical medicine and surgery, and is a bit of an adventurer. They're young, but they have spirit, and they might find it easy to connect with the student body because of that." He didn't know exactly what departments in Theory's school still needed educators, but he figured he could offer a broad spectrum of assistance.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.