ardent

can i offer you an egg in this trying time?

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
01-12-2022, 03:24 PM

Talking about her true feelings with anyone was new. So, so new that it slightly terrified her. But the relief she felt as the words rushed from her lungs was all that she needed to feel safe. Shifting her weight back and forth on her paws nervously, Audra watched as Ophie plunked herself down on the grass to sit. Is that what friends did? Sit and talk? Sitting was unusual for her, her legs always felt restless. Staying in a standing position, she let one ear turn toward Ophie as the strong sigh left the other girl.

As Ophie le tout her own frustrations, Audra nodded. Yet, the words made her ears fall back and her nose wrinkle. Ophie lived with her family and they wanted her to change? Narrowing her one good eye to look at the rather plump and dirty girl, Audra didn't really see anything wrong. Ophie was still young and learning, but had all of these doubts about herself. Frustrated for the poor girl, Audra forgot about her own problems. Sure, she had her eye ripped out and she was forced to watch it. She even experienced her tongue begin to glow that now apparently was permanent. That was just from the Long Night itself, not to mention the other things she experienced earlier in life.

To live with your own family that scrutinized you, that broke her heart. Heaving her own sigh, she turned her cheek toward Ophie and smiled gently. "No, I'm not okay, but it sounds like you might be worse off," her voice is quiet and possibly a bit harsh, but she was selfless. In a way, Audra thought it wrong now to detail her issues when Ophie had her own to deal with. "I truly hope that they don't feel as if you impose on them," Audra starts off with as one of her paws picks at the grass beneath her. "I'm sure during the Long Night that they did miss you, they probably were just sick themselves, right?" She asks the question but knows the answer. It wouldn't matter how they really felt, whatever they'd done made Ophie doubt them and it was wrong.

WORD COUNT: 1581/1500

A  U  D  R  A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise