ardent

-- losing sleep

Irin

gems
size
build
player
08-20-2013, 09:08 AM

You used to say I wont know a wind until it crossed me, like I wont know real love 'til I've loved and I've lost it

The dainty figure found her light gaze settling on a dark shadow against the desert sand, and Irin grinned widely. It seemed she had found what she sought; the mysterious wolves of the desert who exhaled fire. She set off in the direction of that wolf, white tail waving happily in the air behind her as she padded along with a singleminded focus on her goal; the dark wolf that stood on the horizon. She seemed to realize that something was off only when the wind stirred, carrying the scent towards Irin. She would have thought that the scent would be smokey and strong, but it was instead, light and feminine and distinctly familiar. Aeil, her mind supplied the name, along with memories of their previous run-in. The other female was a friendly enough creature, and despite the disappointment that flickered in her thoughts because
this was definitely not the creature that Irin had sought, she was still excited to see a friendly face.

Aeil had never seemed to want anything from her either, which didn't mean much considering that they had only met once, but it was enough that Irin made her approach with a wave of her tail, calling out the other female's name as she drew closer, "Aeil!" Irin chirped the word out, tail wagging eagerly in the air as she bounded towards the black female, "Hello!" She greeted the other as she drew closer, slowing to a stop as she approached the black she-wolf.

Now, Irin waited, head tilted slightly and her tail wagging eagerly, to see how the other would react to her approach. Would she be irritated or angry? Would smoke dance from her nostrils, proving that she was a wolf that Irin had sought out? That much, Irin doubted. Surely she would have noticed if Aeil breathed fire during their first meeting. But it was a possibility, right? And if there was one thing Irin was good for, it was seeing all the possibilities. Even if they were so remote that they seemed all but impossible, like wolves breathing fire.

"speech"