An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
01-17-2022, 06:39 PM

Gossamer looked down at her paws, fiddling with a rock as she swallowed hard, some what embarassed to actually say what had been on her mind. There was more but she had to stop and take a moment to gather herself. She looked up as Briar spoke, stating she didn't mean to come off as better than anyone and Gossamer shook her head, paw pinning the rock she'd been messing with. "It's not that… I just…" She looked away, trying to figure out how best to say it.

"It's really not you. I think I'm just frustrated with a lot of things that have happened in the past. I'm jealous of your lessons. I've only ever had one fight lesson, with our father when we were pups." And that had been their first lesson when they were all young pups gathered up in a group. After that she had to figure it out on her own. She knew Aris and Ophelia felt the same. She also knew there was no going back. "I know its stupid to chew on it. It's not like I can go back and thanks to Ásta I'm halfway decent at healing and fighting. I just wish I were more charismatic like you, ya know? Or knew what I was supposed to do." She had tried outright demanding a fight from Aslatiel which had partially backfired. She'd gotten lectured about how rude it had been for her to just demand training. "You just seem to have it all put together. You've figured out what you want to do, even if it took awhile, you're skilled at what interests you. You have a boyfriend who loves you and… I mean, you're going to be an alphess Briar! That's crazy epic."

In truth Gossamer was frustrated with herself as well. When they'd learned of their mother's death Briar had been so calm and collected about it. She moved to help their father dig a grave while she raged and ran off. It was hard for her not to feel like a problem child sometime. She just never seemed to know what the correct course of action was.

Gossamer tried to smile at Briar as the other girl complimented her, but the smile wavered. "Thanks… I mean I plan to keep trying. I still want to be a lieutenant some day it just… might be farther on down the road. Maybe faaaarrrr down the road."