An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
01-18-2022, 05:10 PM
Kaija was quietly berating herself for even getting her hopes up. Nothing in life could be predicted, she'd learned that with her mom dying and now with Ophie saying she couldn't go with her. This was exactly why her dad didn't like making plans - it wasn't that she was mad at Ophie for not going along with her plan, but rather with herself for expecting her to in the first place. 'You're the only one you can count on,' she remembered her dad telling her once, and it suddenly made complete sense. It wasn't worth getting her hopes up only to have them shattered. She couldn't be upset with at Ophie though, even if she was just plain upset.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't be sorry. I just hoped-" She choked slightly on her words as she felt a strange, stupid sob begin to rise in her throat. Promptly she pushed it down and swallowed hard, nodding quickly. "Don't worry, I'll come tell you my stories when I'm around. Promise." Kaija didn't want to leave her but she needed to, and though it wasn't really a goodbye it definitely felt like one. She knew she'd grow to resent Ophie for not being brave if she sat around waiting for something that would never come. She had to live her life.

She wanted a hug? It was the least she could do for making her friend feel bad. The tears still stung at her eyes but she'd done a damn good job of keeping them from falling. "You don't have to ask for a hug," she explained, allowing a cheeky grin to sneak through even through all the strange emotions that had suddenly begun to well up. "You can have one whenever." Fighting back a sigh as she moved over to her friend, wrapping her head around her neck and allowing herself a moment to bury her nose in Ophie's neck. Her familiar smell very nearly made Kaija rethink everything she'd just said, but instead of saying anything she remained there for a long while, content in their embrace.