size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
01-19-2022, 12:56 PM

Artorias couldn't suppress the snickering giggles when Artisan insisted that he didn't know what he was missing out on. Well, maybe some other time when they weren't still kinda sorta frenemies. Maybe he'd be able to talk Briar into a fun time with the pirate. Or maybe she'd tell him to go have his fun. Wait... did Artorias even like males like that? He paused to consider it. No, he didn't... did he? He'd never stopped to consider it before. A quick stolen glance to the attractive wheat gold, black, and blue brute and Artorias felt that awkward, nervous blush come over his cheeks and a clench in his belly. He shook his head to snap himself out of his own head and focus back on the game as much as he could.

Following his confessions of the trespasses Oxx had taken against his family and the pain they'd endured at his fangs and claws, Artorias had been sure that Artisan would simply brush it off and move on. Surely the pirate didn't give a shit about him or his family. They were his captors, after all, and Artisan hated them. But when he felt the weight of the other brute's arm around his shoulder, Artorias was taken aback. He gazed over at Artisan, then easily sank into the comfort of the wolf's supportive touch. It reminded him of the kind of gesture he'd give to his own wolves when they were in low spirits, and yet to be on the receiving end for once felt... nice. No words were shared between them, just the silent show of empathy, the kind friends and brothers would show one another. Artorias swallowed back the lump in his throat, then took his turn.

After his miss, he was stunned to hear Artisan admit to wanting to kill his own brother as well. Eyes wide with shock yet understanding and empathy turned to the pirate when he explained the reason. "I'm sorry, Artisan," he said in earnest, low baritones as they swapped places. "I wish we'd met before now. Maybe... Maybe we could have helped him. Helped you all." The Hallows had taken in some wolves during The Long Night, all of which had survived to see the sun. If Artisan's brother had been ill when their other brother killed him, perhaps they could have saved him. His sister's words echoed in his head then. "You can't save the world, Art." No, he couldn't, but he could damn well try...

Artisan took his throw, and another metal clang rang about the hall. "Well shit, I think you were right. You're way better at this when you're hammered," he remarked with a slur to some of his syllables, chuckling quietly while he tried to rekindle some of that mirth the two had found together just moments before. Artisan asked casually about his murderous sibling while Artorias was already chugging down another heavy-handed shot of rum, feeling the warmth of it run down his throat to radiate from his belly. The pleasant tingling warmth had now completely taken over his body and the Aegis was well on the way from drunk to blitzed. "Oxx Carpathius. But I dunno if he goes around announcing himself. He's very clever so he's probably making up names for himself." Artorias raised a waving paw up to the top of his head, swaying where he sat. "He's big, like me. Slate gray on top and white on the bottom with dark stripes down his back. Wicked sharp teeth, like a shark's. Speckled paws and legs." The black and azure brute wobbled his way over to the horseshoes, pointing a paw at Artisan with a serious look on his face. "If you ever, ever see him, you stay away, mmkay? I don't want my new friend getting hurt. No way, nu-uh."

Artorias took a horseshoe and gave it a whirl, spinning more than he intended to in his inebriated state and ending up slinging it perfectly into the fireplace with a clang. He cringed when he realized what he'd done and started snorting with barely contained laughter. "Oops! Well, that one's a goner for good!" He was still tittering when he managed to fumble his way back to the nearly empty bottle of rum, putting even more of the high proof liquor into his system while smiling at Artisan like a goofy idiot. "Hey. Hey, thanks for playing with me. I never really got to play a lot of games before. It's nice. You're really really fun, y'know that? I like you."

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.