gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
KatG6
01-29-2022, 07:58 AM
Young puppies did not often sit still for very long, but Ao was certain that she could sit next to Kore under the moon forever. Physically their mother was no longer with them, and really she was almost a complete mystery. Their father knew her name, but there wasn’t much else he could really tell her. Sometimes she was jealous of her half siblings and how much time they had with their mom. They knew her name, they knew her voice, but Aoede and her brothers knew nothing about Ballad. She had given her life to bring them into the world. That was a fact Ao struggled to truly comprehend. All she could really feel about it was the injustice of it all.

The beautiful night and the soothing light of the moon above them was enough to ease those feelings. Like the moon’s rays were just a hint of a mother’s hug that they would never feel. She knew they were connected to her through the celestial body but she just didn’t know quite how. A soft sigh left the tiny girl’s lips as she let the peace of the night relax her tension away. Even if they didn’t have their mother and never knew her Aoede could feel her missing presence.

Still, as Kore shifted slightly to look at her she could feel her. She was with them, she had to be. Ao gazed up at her brother with golden eyes when he spoke. "I think that you’re right.” She whispered in return as she basked in the moonlight there with him. "I wish… I wish she was here.” She didn’t know who Ballad was, but she felt like the woman would have been there if she could have. Their mother’s love transcended death, and Ao knew she was missing something very important.

Motif was a great nanny, she did love their surrogate deeply, but she wasn’t her mom. Everyone made that point strictly clear. Ao sighed softly as Kore did and the two of them sunk into each other. Sorrow and longing tingled her senses but she felt whole with her brother beside her.

"Aoede Regni"