size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - PansexualSamhain 2022TeacherDouble Master1K
01-31-2022, 12:11 AM
Ricin doesn’t see the golden maned boy. Not at first. Crimson eyes are glazed over as the blue pup fights the flames of memory. His mother towers over him, his small, pitiful body curled into a tight ball as she spits vile words at him and threatens to strike him again. The Gully doesn’t exist anymore, instead he is back in the den, trying to survive. A sound tickles his ear, worming its way into his fear frozen brain. It takes a moment for the clouds of memory lift but, when he sees the golden wolf, he pleads with golden maned boy not to hit him again. The wolf’s reaction shocks Ricin, causing guilt to twist in his gut. Yet, the smaller boy lays on his stomach across from him speaks gently to him. Brows furrow as Ricin to understand why the golden maned wolf is being nice to him. When the other wolf promises not to hit him and tell the blue pup he is sorry, Ricin feels lost for words.

And then the golden maned boy offers his name and asks for the scared pup’s. Ricin looks Arcturus up and down, trying to piece together why he isn’t mad at him. Surely it is Ricin’s fault for being in the way. Still, the blue pup lifts his head slightly off the ground to says, “My name’s Ricin.” Ruby gaze darts around as he lays his head back down, wondering if the reason Arcturus is so nice is because he isn’t real. After a moment, Ricin makes a decision and lifts his head a little to scoot his body toward the golden maned wolf. He stops, fearful eyes watching to see if Arcturus is going to move away from him. He hopes this is real and not one of the many fantasies he would dream up to escape his awful world back in the den. The grass feels real, the breeze and sun as well. Still… he has to be certain.

Ricin grows a little bolder and scoots closer until he is within reach of one of boy’s paws. Eyes dart to Arcturus’s face before he whispers, “Real?” and timidly reaches a paw out toward the boy to touch him. The solidness of the wolf in front of him eases the panic that Ricin didn’t realize had flared up. He lets his paw linger for a moment, drinking in the reality of the situation before moving to pull his paw away. Lifting his head a little more, Ricin says, “I’m sorry. Bad memories seem to… follow me.” He pulls in a breath before letting out a soft, humorless chuckle. After a moment, Ricin asks, “You okay Arcturus? I mean… I’m not exactly hard to miss.” A small smile ticks his mouth up as he adds, “Something on your mind?” Curiosity has the pup’s head tilting as he meets Arcturus’s gaze.

"Ricin Dauner"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2022