An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
01-31-2022, 01:42 AM

A grin pulled across her lips and she nodded when he mentioned how it was natural to adopt the 'strays'. She hadn't really thought of it that way, but in a way it kind of was. Chade, Ricin, Relm, Seraphina, Irilyth—none of them really had family to fall back on or had a place to be before she and Alastor brought them into Elysium. Really, now that she was thinking about it, it was usually Alastor that found these wolves. He strangely had the softer heart when it came to lost souls in need of help despite the fact that he was the wilder and more insane of the two of them, but with his history it wasn't really all that surprising. Maybe he had rubbed off on her more than she thought.

Her brows lifted in surprise when Sirius asked her about her family's beliefs. No one had asked her about them before other than Alastor so she was a bit impressed and pleased that he had picked up on that from her description of her pack and decided it was important enough to ask about. She smiled softly as she replied, "I wouldn't say that we necessarily believe in a god or gods either. My family attributes our gifts and strengths to the Ancients. They are our ancestors, the sprits of the Mendacium wolves that have been and will eventually be. We don't worship them because they are us. Things like my claws, my horns, my daughter's scales and my son's razor sharp teeth, our fur that shows all these different colors and patterns—we believe they're all gifts from the Ancient spirits to show how strong the soul we were given is. We also believe that Ancient souls can be placed in wolves outside of our blood and that is where we look for our husbands and wives—to bring those souls back into our family and return them to the ancients when they pass to continue on again and again."

She looked at Sirius curiously as she explained the broad overview of their beliefs. There were many more rules and laws, some more unsavory than others, but at the end of the day that was the core of the Mendacium family and what drove them and the standard they liked to keep. "Interesting of you to ask about our beliefs," she said with another smile, her head tilting slightly with curiosity. "If I may ask, is there any particular reason you're curious? Other than just getting to know us?" She knew some belief systems and religions could be far more intense than theirs even though there's was fairly in-depth so she was interested to know if perhaps he had a bad taste in his mouth over that area of life from someone else.

"Manea Mendacium"