Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
02-10-2022, 04:27 PM
I'm Tired of Looking for Answers

Birna's ears flicked back at the sound of something large sneaking through the grass. Her icy gaze soon fixed on a pale wolf with a set of curled horns growing out of his head. She stared in surprise for a moment but then two more wolves showed up including another that born a set of horns. Ram horns. How bizarre! Her raven companion had told her stories of the strange colors and mutations in this land and indeed they were impressive. She couldn't judge, bearing her own mutations but her's were far more hidden and inconspicuous than a set of horns.

Birna nodded. "Yes, I would appreciate the help. There will be plenty of meat to divide if we are successful." The question would be how best to approach this hunt. "There is a cow on the east side of the heard. I can hear her cough. My raven has informed me she suffers from some respiratory illness. If we can run the herd she is sure to fall behind and be ripe for the taking." It was not her usual strategy but with three wolves in the group she thought it best to hunt as they would but she would need to get as close as possible before making a move.

Birna slunk off through the grass, moving slowly and deliberately to get as close as she could without being noticed. When she sensed the others were ready she sprang forward, racing toward the cow. The herd suddenly scattered. Birna raced as fast as she could knowing she had limited fuel. With a leap she leapt upon the back of the cow and held on as it bucked and ran after the rest of the herd.