size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-13-2022, 03:06 AM

One of the silver linings to living in a pack based upon healing wounds and growing up in a constant state of some kind of pain himself, Artorias had become very adept at recognizing when someone was hurting. As he told the story of his relationship with Briar to Grim, the alpha noticed the subtle shifts and changes in his brother's expression and eyes. Something was troubling his sibling and eating him up inside. But Art knew Grimshaw better than to know the proud wolf would just give it up willingly, intoxicated or otherwise. Sure enough, Grim opened his mouth—and then closed it again, opting to say nothing at all. Instead, he dismissed Art's concerns, then made a quip about Artorias and Briar hurrying up to make him an uncle. That got a genuine chortle from the Aegis, lips pulling into a wide grin. "Gods, you're gonna be my worst nightmare as an uncle," he remarked, moving to nudge Grim's shoulder playfully. "You're gonna be badass Uncle Grim from the Armada. My kids are gonna want to spend hours listening to you tell them stories of battle while you no doubt sneak them treats just because I said not to." The mental image warmed Artorias' heart and made him chuckle again to picture what the future could be. Their family, all together in the great hall, sitting around a feast while chatter and laughter abounded. Happiness. Peace. Simplicity.

But even thinking about the future family he and Briar would one day make (although at the rate Briar was going with him, it'd be sooner than later!), he didn't miss the deep pain in his brother's argent gaze. "Whatever this 'nothing' is, it's gotten to you pretty good if it has you sitting up in the middle of the night pounding down wine." Artorias cast Grim a sideways smirk. "You know I'm not just going to ignore my brother and let it go. Hell, I'm prepared to take you down to the cellar and drink as many bottles of wine with you as we need to make you feel better." It wasn't a bluff or a lie. Artorias had comforted a heartbroken Sirius here not too long ago in the same manner. He'd do the same for Grimshaw if he needed.

"So what's their name? The wolf that's got you drunkenly asking your brother about his love life? And more importantly, will I need to be setting them a place when Briar and I start planning wedding invites?" asked Artorias. He was careful to use the word "their". He didn't want to assume anything of Grim. Rudy was straight, he was mostly straight, Bowen was bisexual, and Avantika was gay. The Carpathians' sexuality was quite a spectrum, and Grim could have existed anywhere on that gamut.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.