size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-17-2022, 09:10 PM

To say that Artorias was surprised by Ulric and Eska's request would have been an understatement. Just as he had never expected his mother to ask to leave the Hallows, he didn't expect for the Adravendi patriarch to ask the same of him either. Ulric had been a critical member of the Hallows from its inception. He had helped his mother dig out the first dens beside the Sunset Falls just over two years ago. He'd been with them during their move to Auster, defended the walls of their home with blood and fang and claw during every attack. He'd led them as the pack's second Aegis until Artorias had matured enough to take the reins. And now he was leaving. It would be a devastating loss to the Hallows, but he supposed he understood. It was the same rationale his mother had when she asked to leave with Kane. They wanted to have time to themselves, to see the world and do the things they wanted. Maybe it was something he'd understand more as he got older, but he couldn't fault them for having desires beyond the bounds of the pack.

After looking with surprise between Ulric and Eska for a moment, the Aegis breathed out a heavy sigh, his shoulders dropping. "You know I'm not going to prevent you from coming back to see your family, Ulric. The Hallows will always be the home you helped build." He spoke softly, calmly, but there was a great loss in his heart for their parting of ways. He regarded Ulric with a sad smile and nodded his head. "Just call from the borders whenever you come back and you are free to return anytime you wish. You don't need to wait for me to greet you so long as your family is still here. I hope you'll both stay for the bonfire festival too, and to spend your children's birthdays with them." He didn't know when Ulric and Eska planned on leaving, but he hoped it wasn't immediately. He still needed to find a replacement for Ulric in his council. "You both have my permission to leave the Hallows. You'll both be missed terribly, but I hope you find your happiness in your travels."

Then Artorias turned to Ulric specifically, amber eyes meeting the other wolf's pale silver with respect and admiration. "Ulric, you helped keep our pack alive after my mother's death. I will never be able to show you how grateful I am for that. You mentored me, showed me the ways of being an alpha, and helped guide me when I needed it. I'm only the man I am today because of your influence, and I sincerely hope you are proud of what you've built here." Ulric certainly had a lot of reason to be. He'd raised a fine family and helped to shape the Hallows into what it was today. Adravendi would always be a name to carry weight around these lands, and his family's legacy would forever be secured in the Hallows.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.