size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-17-2022, 09:51 PM

Venom's expression visibly brightened when he approached, lightening Artorias' heart. He didn't think he'd kept the Empress waiting very long, but her majestic charcoal and ashen coat was already notably damp. Definitely no condition for the monarch to be in. Despite the gloomy weather and having every reason to be dour, the grin that spread across Venom's face felt like a ray of sunshine on the otherwise cloudy day. It was easy to see why she was the one reigning over the Ashen Empire. She thanked him, and despite his youthfulness, Artorias saw the deeper meaning behind her words. He didn't address it further though; neither of them needed to dwell on the matter unless she wished to discuss it further. Then he'd be all too happy to commiserate with the Abraxas lady over her ex-mate. It did make him wonder how everything had unfolded though, and how her family was doing. That was an innocuous enough question, so he decided to lead with that.

"Come, we keep a fire burning in the great hall for just such days," said Artorias with a welcoming smile. He picked up the bottle of wine and carried it as he led the way back across the damp plains and through the gates of the castle, through the rain-soaked gardens, and up into the castle proper. He paused long enough to shake his coat dry before leading Venom through the warm corridors into the even warmer great hall, the large room practically glowing with orange firelight from the hearth and the many candles on the walls and long tables. While Artorias let Venom go off to dry herself by the fire, he gathered up two goblets from a table and brought them over to join her on the furs.

Deft paws uncorked the bottle of wine, taking an exploratory sniff of the sweet aroma that spilled forth before carefully pouring a generous amount into their goblets. He didn't intend to get the Empress drunk, but he also had no way of gauging her experience with alcohol. Oh well, if they became a bit too inebriated, they had plenty of rooms she was welcome to sleep it off in before she went about her way. They could just call it a mini vacation of sorts. "I didn't know what sort of wine you might like, but I know you like sweet berries, so you struck me as a sweet wine drinker," he said, offering her one of the goblets filled with the sweet white wine. He then raised his own goblet in a toast to her and asked, "What would you like to drink to? Family? Friends?" Freedom? There were a number of things worth celebrating. Venom could start with whatever mattered most to her right now.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.