size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-19-2022, 08:45 PM

Artorias saw the considering expression on Venom's face while she sampled the wine, and when she didn't grimace in repulsion and instead took another sip with a small grin he knew he'd made the right call. Art was becoming something of a sommelier with all his experience with the Hallows' wine production. She would definitely be leaving with the rest of this bottle when they were done to enjoy—gods knew she needed it more than he did. They began to get down to brass tacks, and the mirth on Venom's face slowly melted away like ice in the sun. Artorias' smile slowly fell from his lips when she mentioned their newest neighbor in southern Auster, his eyes darkening a touch while he averted his gaze to take another sip of wine. "Well, I haven't gone over with a gift basket welcoming them to the neighborhood yet, but yes, I'm aware of a group of koi that found a home in the bamboo," he replied. He quietly followed Venom's gaze to the fire as well, watching the flames lick at the inside of the flue while she spoke.

There was a long beat of silence, and when Artorias glanced back over to his friend, he saw the pain contorting her expression as she dropped the facade of the stoic leader for a moment and let herself simply be. Warm firelight reflected the tears in the corners of those sunset eyes and Artorias felt his heart break for the empress. "Sometimes our own company is the best there is," the young Aegis said, pensiveness in his husky voice while he swirled his wine. "We're the only ones who can't hurt us." It was the one harsh lesson he'd learned from the loss of his mother, and the breakup with Briar. Despite what Venom thought, Artorias didn't see her revelation of pain and emotion as weakness. When it was what he'd grown up knowing, he associated it with strength. It took great will and fortitude to endure pain and continue on when it burdened your soul. Artorias shifted closer to nudge Venom's shoulder gently with his snout in an empathetic nuzzle, letting her know wordlessly that he was there for her.

"I can't possibly know how you feel, Venom. But I'm not unfamiliar with pain. And I know it takes a great deal of strength to endure some of the worst kinds." Fire-blazoned eyes moved back to regard Venom with a deep reverence and empathy. "Whatever you need from me, I will support you. A shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, or even just a place to escape to for a while, it'll all be here for you. You could even get drunk and cry all night, and it'll just be our secret." Perhaps it might have been a bit close in proximity to her ex-husband, but Artorias would always have the gates of the Hallows open to her and her children. A roguish smirk touched his lips. "Y'know, if we wait until the dry season in the summer, we could go and torch his precious bamboo. That'd send a message." What greater "fuck you" to the former Shogun than setting fire to the very grasses he abandoned his wife and family for? On that thought, Artorias asked, "How is your family doing? Your children must be getting big by now." When he'd last seen the Abraxas princes and princesses, they had all been very little, at the summer tournament a year ago. No doubt they'd all be coming of age soon; Venom must have been so proud.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.