size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-24-2022, 07:31 PM

It didn't take long before the members of the Hallows began to show up to answer his call. Artorias greeted Laeta, the first wolf to show up with the widest smile and amazed eyes when he saw the small woman walking on her own. It was nothing short of a miracle the recovery she had made since the Long Night! She took a seat some distance away after greeting him, but Artorias was having none of that. He marched up to his wolf and went to throw his forelegs around her in a warm embrace. "Laeta... I was so afraid we would lose you," he admitted softly to her and her alone. His heart felt full seeing her mobile again. "It's been far too long, and I'm sorry for that. We should go adventuring together sometime soon." he hadn't quickly forgotten how she had introduced herself as a traveler when they'd first met. They might not have had much time together, but the Aegis committed then and there to rectify that mistake.

Drawing back, Artorias returned to his place, greeting Lillith and Romulus with a smile and nod as they arrived, Lil's pregnancy just beginning to show. Daphne appeared, and Artorias met his sister's anxious gaze with a gently reassuring smile. He would never be able to say just how happy he was that, even for a brief time, their family was back together. Even if life pulled them in different directions, they would always be family. As if on cue, the moment he began thinking of his family, the lighter hues of Bowen appeared, and as she paused by some brush, that was when he noticed Grimshaw hovering off to the side. Amber eyes saw his brother's silver ones and his expression lightened, giving him a little smile from a distance until Bowen came up to kiss his cheek. He returned the kiss to hers in turn, then followed her gaze to the solitary hilltop a short distance away. He nodded his head in understanding; he would seek her out once everything was underway and tended to here.

Audra arrived, conversing with Laeta after a nod to him, followed by his other sister, Avantika, whom he watched head directly for her girlfriend. He knew what they were dealing with, and gave them their privacy. It was easy to do, given the next face to arrive brought a bright smile and glistening affectionate eyes to his face. Briar stepped up to his side and kissed him, the Aegis returning his Queen's affections with wagging bushy tail. Gwynevere was next, greeted with a similar affectionate smile, and then a nod to Fern when she arrived. Odd to see her without Rudyard, but Artorias had to remind himself that this was Rudy, and it wouldn't be like his brother to arrive on time. Ezra and Syanna joined Romulus and Lillith, and then Ulric, followed by Tamsyn.

Artorias watched with wistful eyes while their mother greeted each and every Carpathian with the love she was known for, even extending it to Briar when she approached them. He didn't want to think about how they were all losing their mother, even briefly, and how empty the Hallows would feel without their matriarch around. Still, he put on a brave face and smiled wholeheartedly when Tamsyn came to him and threw her arms around his neck in a hug, her dire son having to bend down slightly to fully embrace her in a tight hug, like he could keep her from leaving if he squeezed hard enough. "It wouldn't be Rudy if he wasn't late," he remarked to his mother's jest, chuckling before finally releasing her to go join the group. Serenity showed up just as the sun was disappearing below the horizon, their ever present watcher on the walls. Then, just as he was preparing to begin, he saw the patchwork form of Rudy appear by Fern, shooting his brother an exasperated smirk.

"Thank you everyone for coming. Tonight, we celebrate the Hallows' first ever summer bonfire festival. This bonfire, meant to commemorate the light the Hallows shines in the night, is also a chance for us to keep the spirits of our friends, family, and loved ones we've lost alive. As the fire burns through the night, so too do the memories of those we keep close in our hearts. I invite everyone to either light a candle or add a torch to the fire in the name of anyone you wish."

Artorias turned his attention out towards his siblings next, warm amber eyes moving over each of their faces. For the first time since their childhoods, all of the Carpathians were home. It was almost enough to bring a mist of teal-glowing tears to his eyes. "This year, the bonfire will also be a special celebration for us all. Two years ago, my mothers not only established this pack for us, but also brought my siblings and I into the world. As we reach adulthood, I'd like tonight to be the chance to look to the future for us all as much as we look back on where we've come from and how far we've come. I love you, my brothers and sisters. There's no one in the world I'd rather call family."

With his poignant speech delivered, Artorias turned and reached for a torch from a small pile of oil-dipped torches and candles, striking a piece of tinder and flint to spark the torch to life. The glow of the fire grew at the end of the stick, and Arteries lifted it in his jaws, gazing at the pile of wood for a moment, reflecting on Resin's memory as he tossed the burning torch into the pile. The dry, oil-soaked wood immediately caught fire, flames licking and spreading through the pile until it was engulfed in a matter of minutes. Artorias stepped back while the flames climbed higher, the heat pouring from the bonfire like an ocean wave, the bright orange glow keeping the darkness of the fading twilight at bay. Once the fire had grown to a substantial size, the Aegis turned back to his wolves. "Celebrate and remember, my friends and family. We have plenty of food and drink as well, so enjoy yourselves, Hallowed wolves!"

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.