size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-25-2022, 04:20 PM

Artorias didn't miss the way Avantika flinched when he approached her, nor did he miss the strain in her smile when she nodded to let him join her patrol. Her curt remark was very uncharacteristic of her, as was her cold and detached demeanor. She couldn't make eye contact with him as she spoke, and the brute noticed how his sister just kept her eyes up and focused ahead. The final nail in the proverbial coffin was her feeble attempt to reassure him that she was okay. Two words. That was all he got out of her. This was much more serious than he'd thought; how had things gotten this far without him noticing? Was the really that busy that he didn't see what was happening in his own home to his own family? The thought felt like a punch straight to the heart.

The Aegis breathed a heavy sigh and shook his head, still keeping his softened eyes and gentle yet concerned smile on his face while he looked at Tika. "Y'know, one of my favorite things about you is your honesty, Tika. I know that whenever I come to you, you'll tell me the truth, give it to me the way it is." The corner of his lips raised just a hair into a knowing smirk. "It also makes you a terrible liar." Art wouldn't push her to tell him what was wrong, but she had failed to convince him that everything was fine. In fact, she'd actually confirmed the opposite, and now the alpha new he had a concern he had to fix within his pack. Tika needed him, and he would not let her down.

"If you don't want to talk to me about... whatever it is that's going on, that's fine. But I hope you'd talk to somebody—anybody—about it. Whatever you're dealing with, you don't have to do it alone. You're strong, Tika. Probably the strongest of us all for what you've faced and overcome. But you don't have to shoulder your burdens and concerns alone." Let me help you. Again, Bowen's words replayed in his head. "You can't save the world, Art." No, he couldn't—but he wouldn't lose any of his family. Not again... "Whatever it is, I hope you know we're all here for you and how proud we all are of you. Especially me. Mom would have been too." With a sideways glance, Artorias tried to study Tika's expressions and reactions, looking for any sort of clues that might hint him towards what was stealing his sister's peace and happiness from her.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.