size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-26-2022, 04:53 PM
As the eldest sibling and the head of their family, Artorias was used to being sought out for comfort and reassurance that everything was going to be okay. That's why it didn't faze him when Audra leaned her head on his shoulder, sniffling back some tears. He simply lifted a paw without a word and gently stroked her back, letting her find as much reassurance as she needed that he would support her and Avantika. A little chuckle of amusement left the Aegis when Audra mentioned how sending the alpha after Tika might show her that she meant business. "It might, but my sister is a bit of a firecracker. She still surprises me with her passion sometimes." Still, he would have a chat with Tika. If nothing else, maybe he could get a feel for what was going on in his sister's head. Artorias released Audra when she pulled back way, her easy neutral expression settling back onto her face.

Artorias listened intently while Audra explained, somewhat shyly, how much she and Avantika wanted to start their own family—provided they could overcome the challenges they were currently facing. The admission of the smaller lady that she would love to birth their own children didn't surprise him. It had been what his mother had decided. But where their father would forever remain a mystery—just a faceless and nameless sperm doner she'd coupled with at a party after too much mead—he hoped that wouldn't be the case for these little ones. Artorias nodded, his face sullen and melancholy while he pondered over their situation. "I understand that," he said with empathy when she explained how adopting would be fine, but it wouldn't be the same as their own flesh and blood children. "The first step to any conversation is having it, though. When you feel it's right, talk to her. Tell her what you want, what would make you happy, and how you'd like to go about it. You'll only ever know how she feels about it by talking to her though."

It was almost ironic to Artorias to think that he was giving out relationship advice now as if he was some sort of love guru. Artorias' gaze lifted from his paws to seek Audra's once more, a subtle pleading look in them. "I realize I have no place asking anything of you in this regard, so let me give you a little something to ponder over... If you and Tika to decide to have your own pups, please choose a sire for them that will be present—or at least get their name." Artorias swallowed hard; beyond his family, no one knew about his own struggles with knowing himself for the lack of a father in his life. "My siblings and I will never know who our father was. It's not crucial to know, but... there's a part of me that will always wonder and long to know who he is. Every man I pass, I wonder if it could have been him. But it's an answer I'll likely never find. I'll never know where I come from, or who I might have been if he'd been around... or if I'd even just known his name. It's like a part of my identity that I'll never have." A rueful smile barely touched the young man's lips while he considered his angst around the subject of his unknown lineage.

"I hope you find someone worthy of siring a family for you and Tika with, and I hope that when you do, they'll want to be around, or at the least you'll know who they are so your children will never have to wonder who they are." Gods knew it plagued Artorias' mind in the quiet of many a night. But that was enough of a heavy topic to be discussing. There were other things to focus on first before pups could be considered. "Anyway, I'll talk to Tika, see if I can feel out what's on her mind. Don't worry, Audra. We'll get her fixed up again."

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.