gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Poser
02-28-2022, 01:44 PM
She was friendly. It was enough to at least begin to set Gin at ease. Since when had she been so uncomfortable around others? So nervous? The long night had done some unfortunate things to the way that the ghost viewed the world and more and more... well, more and more she was becoming just that. A ghost. The little stoat peeks up from between Fern's ears, and Gin peers back with interest. She'd never seen such a creature, and the wave was quite endearing.

"Don't worry, I'm not looking for anything particular. Just learning what grows out here, so I can find them if I need them." It's more than Gin has spoken in what feels like ages, but it was... well, it was nice, really. Though nearly two entire seasons had passed since the darkness broke, she was still learning how to be social again. Being on her own for too long, as well, had changed her. It was as if she was still trying to get large pieces of herself back. It wasn't a good feeling, but here she was. All Gin could do was try, right?

Her smile was sheepish as she looked to Fern. "You're not interrupting, there's no need for you to go," she reassured. "My apologies if I seem a bit... ah, you know how it is sometimes," the ghost waved her muzzle as if to dismiss the thought. "It seems that I'm not as used to company these days." Though awkward for a moment, she manages to recover with grace. Things had been strange, and there was no need to dwell on it further. Yes, they'd been strange. Maybe with her continued effort, Gin could get back to normal.

"It's good to meet you, both of you. I'm Gin." The smile doesn't waver, though warmth fades into her tone. Puff and Fern, she'd learn their names and she'd keep them. Gin is a collector, after all. A collector of all things, as long as they didn't weigh her down in her travels. Names, stories, dreams, desires-- all things indeed. "You're welcome to join me in exploring the plants, if you'd like." Right, maybe it wasn't the most exciting thing, but company... well, she wouldn't object to company after all. Gin was trying.

Speech