size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
02-28-2022, 04:23 PM
Halo steadies herself, still a bit unsure what's come over her. Really, the girl is glad she has such a thick pelt to hide the warmth that washes over her cheeks. The teasing it's almost... it's fun. Fun in the same way that she'd been able to joke with Lia. With a pang and a subtle tightness in her chest, she realizes that she misses the handmaiden more than she thought she would. Maybe Halo would need to walk down to the Hallows at some point, after the checkups were done, and say hello. She could visit Audra too, and she could see Auster for the first time. Was Halo trying to distract herself with just how flustered she'd gotten when it came to Ru? Maybe. (Probably.)

Halo's attention remained on the tea, too. Mr. Raccoon had grabbed the green tea base, a good choice considering how close it was to bedtime. It was far too late at night for black tea. Carefully, she bundled ginger, cinnamon, and rosemary together, adding them to the mix and returning the lid. "This needs to sit for a little while before we drink it, but it should help take the edge off of any inflammation and swelling." Right, she'd busy herself. Halo was always much better off when she busied herself. As she did, she took a bit of the cannabis for herself, popping it into her mouth and chewing. It would help with any remaining anxieties in her system, after all. Goodness, she had been a bit on edge lately, and she was almost grateful that Ru was so disarming. Almost.

Finally though, she turns her attention to dinner. Daintily, Halo snags a piece of honey smoked meat and chews thoughtfully. "Really, the Armada as a whole keeps me busy," she smiled softly. In truth, it was like pulling teeth trying to get Sirius to tell her if anything was wrong. "It's mostly small things though, wounds from training and all. I was actually out to collect more witch hazel when I ran into you," she explained quietly. Witch hazel, boiled and then concentrated, was an excellent antiseptic. Most of the healing Halo did was washing out wounds and preventing infection. Warriors, all of them, and most didn't even seem to notice when they got hurt.

Though she wants to ask about his job in Abaven, she recalls his words-- if they still want me. No, she'll hold her tongue for now, taking another careful bite of her dinner. "How do you like the food? I'd never seen it preserved this way, until living here." Right. Focus on something neutral. Don't pry, and be careful getting too close. Always careful. Always polite.
"Halo"
[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]