gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
03-02-2022, 08:08 AM
Venom instantly felt regret for being so bold and brazen with her news to Manea, but she was still hurting and the scar Hattori left ached. She knew she would have to practice hercouth, but as the violet woman listened Venom watched as her features fell. She had much more ire than Venom was expecting, but the understanding she showed warmed her despite the situation. The news hit Manea about as expected as when Hattori told her himself that he was leaving.

Manea recovered quickly, and Venom again felt bad about her own news to bring when the Mendacium brought her such great tidings. Her peer didn’t take long to speak, and her scorn was heavier even than Venom’s. Despite what he did to her Venom hadn’t sought any kind of retribution. Manea was much less forgiving than Venom and the Empress wondered if she should emulate her reaction. Her children scorned their father after his actions, what was wrong with her? Was she holding out hope that if she went easy on him that he would return to her? Venom knew she would never have him back in her life, his decision or her own, their lives were rent asunder and they would not be reunited.

Her white gloved paw was covered comfortingly by Manea's soft paw and gentle affection offering her support. A heavy sigh left her dark lips, trying not to let the emotions overwhelm her. She went on, trying to bring Venom’s attention to the positive. She was still young, there were other wolves who she could share her life with, but could she? Opening herself up again for that kind of pain seemed nearly impossible. It felt good to know that Manea was on her side. Their relationship was new and fledgling but it could very much become something strong and experienced as time went on.

Venom remained quiet, though Manea had much to react to her mind was reeling already. Manea stood with her, supported her, told her she could go on and do whatever she wished. Venom knew she was right but she still struggled to overcome her inner insecurities. It was hard not to embrace the personal insecurities and reject the thought that it was her fault Hattori left her. Manea went on to talk a little about her family’s traditions. Venom wondered then, was she content with what she had at this moment?

"Thank you for your kind words… as well as your opinion of Hattori.” She forced a soft chuckle, but the pain was still obvious in her sunset gaze. "It was so unexpected.” She confessed softly, but she had to believe this would all be for the better. It hurt now but surely when the smoke cleared she would be left in a better place than she had ever been. Hattori was a stepping stone to something bigger and greater. It had to be so. "It’s just hard, I had him beside me for so long being on my own is…” Much harder and she was wildly aware of how lonely it was at the top. She had her family, but her children were growing up and developing their own lives. Plague was busy with his own partners and puppies. She had no one who she was as close to as Hattori. "I’m sorry to burden you.” Venom shook herself mentally, "But I thought you should know, especially if our relationship develops as I hope it will.”

"Venom"

[Image: ven-sig.png]