gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Wordy
03-08-2022, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2022, 08:06 PM by Reila. Edited 1 time in total.)

The brute was... yes, frightening. But not to her. Not to the thick shell that surrounded her. She had learned to bend to the masters and buyers, it would have been no different with the king in front of her. It wouldn't have been of her own true will though.

Her brow raised carefully as he asked, and for a few seconds her gaze had dropped from him showing just that bit of hesitation though not to answer him, but for the answer itself. "The answer is no." She was blunt, she knew what she had done wasn't savory. But she didn't want to do those things. For what he was asking, there was no self worth in her. He probably couldn't understand.

She didn't stop there though, her eyes looking back up at him while speaking and keeping eye contact was in her training. "I've been in five tournaments. Meaning I've killed five other slaves. The more you win, the more they put you in." She sighed silently before continuing, maybe the glimmer of emotion from just the thought of the last couple years of her life. "The trade made good profit on the tournaments. The winning gamblers bought my time for their fantasies. The losing gamblers bought me for punishment."

She spoke openly as if speaking to a friend, though the emotion was void in her tones. Almost like a history lesson. "I refused once." Her eyes dropped from him after, she was ashamed for the things she had done and hurt for what she was born into. She couldn't do anything about it... not until she jumped ship.

"Reila"