An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
03-12-2022, 01:32 AM

Artorias laughs with Fern, the easy banter and comfortable teasing about Rudy rings out with the steel. The Aegis barks a laugh about Rudy not admitting defeat and the girl gives him a coy smirk and pretends to be offended. Feigning exasperation, she says, “Oh, Art! And here I thought you knew me so well. Tsk, tsk. You see, Rudyard doesn’t stand a chance once I set my mind to something.” She laughs lighting, tossing him a teasing wink as they continue to work. Fern will have a wedding. Soon. Rudyard just needs to be told. Artorias’s laugh has her ginning widely, tail wagging lightly at her hips, joy written on her features. Continuing to sharpen the sword, Fern lightly says, “Maybe if I get myself a matching band that says ‘Rudy’s Owner’ everyone will get the hint.”

The Carpathian wolves may be strong and indomitable but Rudy doesn’t stand a chance against the stubborn passion that is Fern. They work in comfortable, silent concentration, the gray girl taking her time as works the oil into the sword. It is satisfying to watch the steel shine; the leather soaking the oil in and taking on a sheen. Finally, she sets aside the rag and presents the sword for inspection, Artorias carefully taking it. As he begins to give it a thorough inspection, she watches with barely concealed eagerness. His comment is met with a happy smile and she thanks him. Art’s fiery embers peer at her over the shiny blade and she meets them with her cool ocean depths.

Gently, Artorias lays the sword back on the table and begins to tell her about why The Hallows was founded. Fern watches the Aegis’s fiery eyes turn to the swords on the table and he rests a paw on the sword she had been taking care of. He talks about training with Resin and the gray girl remembers her own mother and the lessons that Meadow had tried to give her on healing. The puppy Fern had been bored and never had much of an interest in learning about plants. Ah, what she would give to be able to sit through a lesson with her now. Fern pays close attention to Art as he speaks, the girl getting a more intimate look at the wolf that is Artorias. Understanding and respect grow for the young Aegis, her soon-to-be brother-in-law.

Silence falls for a moment and Art turns his blazing embers to gaze into her cool blue eyes. A crooked smirk adorns his face as he continues, a knowing, loving smile spreading across Fern’s face as he says Resin’s beliefs live on. There is a part of Fern that had felt lost when she came to The Hallows, the fact that the one wolf who she believed could help was dead almost too much to handle. Fern had found Resin gone but, in her place, the gray girl had found a family. Pride and happiness swell in the girl as she realizes that she is helping to keep her aunt’s legacy going. Art glances to the sword, asking if she thinks the sword is ready to be wielded in combat and Fern lets her eyes return to the table.

The green leather handle shines in the light and Fern carefully picks up the sword, looking it over carefully before saying, “The sword is beautiful and I think it is ready for combat. With proper love and care, I think the sword and its owner will be make a fine weapon.” Light lips tick upward as she lays it back on the table and looks to Artorias. When he deems her ready for a sword, the gray girl hopes that she will have a sword as fine as this.

"Fern Lark"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.