ardent

All I Want is a Little of the Good Life

Solaris

gems
size
build
player
10-02-2013, 10:51 PM

Sol's grin widened impossibly when she spoke, a laugh bubbling from his throat easily. "I'm glad you agree! Life is always so much better when you can laugh and have fun. Sometimes I wish I was still a puppy; to be able to look at life through the eyes of a child is a wonderful thing." To be innocent to the evil in the world again would be a great weight lifted off his shoulders. He had no trouble being optimistic most of the time, but in the privacy of his thoughts, when he was alone at night with no one there with him, the painful memories were harder to fend off. He did his best, though, concentrating on the good memories with the ones he'd lost. Thankfully there were many of them, and with time the bloodstained images of the past were fading.

Her lie did little to put the male at ease, and his tail stopped beating the stone of the wall for the moment. Fixing her with a thoughtful stare, Solaris decided to just let it go. Usually he would pester until he figured out what was wrong, and then try to fix it, but this time he quelled that white knighting side of himself. He didn't want to harass this one, and maybe if he just talked to her for a bit, it would help in its own way. Sometimes you didn't have to talk about your problems. Sometimes all it took to make the day to better was a friendly smile, and he was determined to provide that with interest. "Okay. Well I hope you feel better soon. I remember this one time when I was sick for a while because I got caught in this snowstorm? Ugh, I was so miserable, we all were, just laying there groaning and sniffling." He tossed his head back as if it were a truly horrible experience that had properly scarred him for life, before it fell back to meet her gaze as if weighed with lead.

"Aaaanyway, if there is anything I can do, let me know? I know I'm a stranger, but you do seem like a very nice lady and it makes me sad to see you with a frown!" With that, his tail picked the tempo back up again, continuing with the same enthusiasm as he beamed at the angel. Besides that, she was too positively breathtaking to wear any expression other than a smile. He imagined hers would be very kind and soft, and his heart thrummed with dismay that she seemed so utterly defeated. It was like the world had piled too much weight on her shoulders, rendering her flightless.

"It's my utmost pleasure to meet you, Miss Caedena! My name's Solaris Lucerius." He didn't seem to notice, or perhaps decided to ignore, the hesitation in her speech, pressing on full blast. "So are you from around here? Oh, and maybe I should come down? I kind of feel really rude talking down to you. Or you could come up! You get some neat perspective from up here." He tapped a little beat on the wall, the sound as bubbly and inviting as his posture.