size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-18-2022, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 01:18 PM by Artorias. Edited 1 time in total.)

This time, Avantika didn't give him some nonchalant answer or brush off his concern, and it made Artorias feel like maybe they were getting a little bit of traction now. She wasn't unhappy but she couldn't say she was happy either. Somewhere in the middle, then... Artorias gave another pensive hum and a slow nod of his head while he considered her words. Tika explained how she recognized she had areas she needed to improve in—namely work-life balance—and the Aegis smirked and chuckled. Yeah, he could relate to that. "Finding personal time for the ones you love amongst your duties and responsibilities is a difficult challenge," he agreed. "I think that's why Mom struggled with it like she did." There could be no denying by anyone that Resin had been a dedicated alpha, committed to her pack at all costs. But it was also easy to look back and see how, while she'd done her best for everyone, she had those same shortcomings. Nights where Tamsyn had been left alone, childhood memories left vacant of one parent from a young Artorias' mind. It was a balancing act to find time for yourself amongst giving to others. It was one Artorias was doing his best to try to master.

At the mention of starting her own family, Tika confirmed that she would like to, and Artorias' smile widened. The thought of his sister having her own children, of him being an uncle to nieces and nephews, it warmed his heart and made him feel a deep swell of pride to see their family line continue on. Not because they felt they had to do it—but because they wanted to. "You know you don't have to do all that work on your own, right?" He turned curious eyes to his sister then. "That's what family and the pack is for. We lean on each other, support one another, so no one has to feel like a lone wolf or do everything on their own." Was this what had been weighing so heavily on Avantika's mind? Did she feel solely responsible for the protection of Audra, of the Hallows? Artorias wasn't given long to dwell on that question though, as Tika hit him with a heavy question of her own. Did he think she would be a good mother?

"Yes, I do," he answered without any hesitation. There was no doubt in his mind that Tika and Audra would make excellent parents to a litter of very fortunate puppies. "You'll be an excellent mother for the same reason why you're my most trusted Vanguard. You care, Tika—sometimes more deeply than you should. You've always been extraordinarily empathetic. It's your gift; your superpower of sorts. You feel things like no one else feels, you relate to others as easy as breathing. I'm kind of envious of it, actually. But sometimes I worry that it means you overwhelm yourself trying to take on the burden of all those emotions trying to protect everyone else." Artorias looked to his sister, sincerity abundant in his fiery eyes. He regarded her with a gentle, confident smile. There were few wolves who had his faith quite like she did. "If anyone knows what it takes to be a good mother, it's you, Tika. From your own experiences to the compassion of your heart and the kind of personality you are, you were made to raise and care for others. All the more so if you find that work-life balance you want."

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.