An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
03-28-2022, 12:13 AM

Fern watches the chick as he shivers and a frown tugs her lips downward. The bird seems very cold and the gray girl listens to his complaint, nodding slowly at the young one’s statement about fur. The girl gives a small chuckle and gentle smile as she says, “I know some wolves who would say, ‘why do birds get wings? It isn’t fair’. But, right now, maybe we should find a way to help you get warm.” As Fern starts to take a step toward the chilly chick, Puff appears and begins to talk, ending with a blunt statement asking what the bird is. The bird’s eyes were wide as he exclaims about not knowing squirrels could talk which causes a huge smile to appear on the gray wolf’s lips and she works to fight down a laugh.

Puff gives the young bird an incredulous look and, with great exasperation, the stoatsays, “I’m not a squirrel! Squirrels have poofy tails and are crazy about nuts. I’m a stoat! We are very vicious hunters of rabbits!” The stoat stands on her hind legs, stretching herself up to her full, albeit meager, height and bares her tiny but sharp teeth. Fern’s laugh has Puff looking to her friend and she blinks for a moment before giving the gray wolf a smile and returning to all fours. The gray girl finally begins to move toward the bird, giving a small shake of her head and chuckle as she says, “Puff is a fierce stoat and you’re a unique bird! By the way, you are definitely not a chicken. You look much to ferocious to be one.” The words are gentle as she attempts to win over the bird’s trust and make a new friend.

A gust of cold air blows and the wolf watches as it ruffles the downy gray feathers of the young bird. Puff suddenly notices that the chick seems cold and, without a word, the young stoat scampers away, moving up the steps and disappearing into the castle. Fern stops and watches her friend for moment before huffing a sigh turning back to the chick. With a warm smile, she says, “My name is Fern. That was Puff.” A soft chuckle escapes before she continues, “Want to come with me? I have been trying to find a nice sunny spot to sit in. Maybe you can help me? I can… give you ride if you want.” The gray wolf’s smile grows as she waits to see what the chick will do.

"Fern Lark" | "Puff"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.