Window Shopping

Res

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2022, 11:44 PM

The man seemed almost pleased with her response and it soothed Lyre somewhat. She didn't know him yet, but was learning a great deal about his character from this interaction. His mind was dark, darker than the slaver whom he'd just murdered. She would have to tread carefully to save her skin, but had no doubt that he would mete out punishment if she stepped the merest claw out of line. Surely she was less valuable than the slaver that he's killed, so why would he bat an eye to hurt her if he thought she needed it? It wouldn't be the first time that she'd been punished and, if she was right in her assumptions, it wouldn't be the last.

She was to alert Azure if any wolf of the Armada propositioned her for pleasure. Lyre nodded and added after, her gaze still focused on his own per his request, "I am barren. It was... seen to." So even if she was taken against her will, the union would never be fruitful. When she was a child, the slaves always talked about dreaming of some strong, righteous brute whisking them away to safety and starting a family together. She was more than a little upset when she learned that this had been stolen from her. By now she'd mostly come to terms with it, but every now and again, seeing a mother and child together, a pang of sadness and jealousy struck like a snake.

Azure denied the offer to take the slave out into the running river. Again, Lyre nodded. The man continued, stating that this would be part of her cover. She understood once the sabered man began speaking again. He questioned her and she turned her full attention to him, eyes going just a bit wider, but not drastically so. She understood the underlying question and quickly put together a suitable answer.

"I was a maid servant to an elderly woman of high status. When she passed, I left the kingdom in search of a new mistress to serve." Olive colored eyes cut to the dead slaver. "This man waylaid me, subdued me with brute force, then intended to take me back to his people to sell me into slavery. It was only by your noble and just act," Lyre looked back to Azure with admiration in her gaze, "That I'm not on a ship, heading to a foreign land to be sold to the highest bidder." The life that had been in Lyre's gaze while she told her story drained away once more into the sterile, clinical expression. "Is that suitable, my lord? If so, we'll need to make it... physically convincing." He would know what she meant. Lyre imagined bruising, perhaps a split lip. In the end, it would be up to Azure.

"Lyre"