size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

The Ooze ParticipantPride - Demisexual1K
04-08-2022, 04:28 PM

Dalila had only just stepped into the shadows of the cave when suddenly the light from behind her that was lighting her way disappeared and a voice from behind her made her jump. She turned around to face the hulking man that stood there, having to blink a couple of times to refocus her vision in the newly darkened frame of view. "No! Not at all!" she insisted at his accusation that she was invading his home to steal his things. "My apologies, I didn't smell anyone's scent here." She still didn't now as she double checked herself, but she reasoned that maybe he was still new to the area and had only just claimed the cave so his scent wasn't prominent just yet. She was cautious, but she wanted to assume positive intent from the stranger and tried to assure herself that it was just a misunderstanding.

"I'll just be going then. Sorry to disturb you," she told him as she started moving back toward the entrance to try and slip past him back out into the canyon. As she got closer through, she gave him another glance and she noticed his coloring and markings now that the deep shadow that he cast with the sun behind him wasn't obscuring her view. His slate coloring, the dappled stripes of cream, and his slate eyes were all traits she had only ever seen in one other wolf and it caught her off guard enough to make her hesitate. He looked so strikingly like Scylla that it made it hard to write it off as a coincidence and it reminded her of the question she had wondered many, many times since the day she found Siren washed up on the beach—who was the father of her children? What did he look like?

Her eyes gave a flicker from his coat to his gaze and then away again, muttering, "Sorry," again as she went to move past him. Some questions were better unanswered and the feeling she got from this imposing brute reminded her of such. Maybe if she got up the courage when she got home she could question Siren about him to confirm or deny her suspicions, but for now she felt like she needed to get back to Fenmyre and quickly.

"Dalila Vista Klein"