Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
10-03-2013, 05:44 PM

It was not in the far-distant past that Bronze could recall wanting nothing more than to be alone -- only seeking out others when he grew frustrated and angry at his own existence. Such an old man, he thought to himself, and he laughed aloud, the sound rather audible even though he tried to contain it. It really was quite amusing, that he was forced to resort to walking up a young man just to indulge in a brief conversation. But it was a good thing, too, for it meant he was satisfied in every other aspect of his life. Oh, how happy his family made him, how complete he was. His final goal was to see his children to adulthood, and so long as he died alongside the only woman he had ever loved, he would die a happy man.

The calmness he felt was a new-found thing for him, and he was basking in it fully. The slightest hint of a smile painted his weathered features as he watched the boy continue to wake up, finally pushing himself upright to sit on his hindquarters.

'Well, I'm not sleeping anymore,' he stated, and he smirked slightly. "As I can see," Bronze noted conversationally, tilting his cream-furred muzzle to the side as though in quiet thought. It was not even morning yet, and the sun had just barely begun to make its presence known, in the form of a gentle purple and pink rays that had begun to be visible near the horizon. But still the stars twinkled overhead, oblivious to what was going on below.

"Well, it truly is a pleasure, Rune. My name is Bronze; I reside in Seracia currently." He hadn't given much attention to the other packs in the area; he'd only really met rogues, though near Valhalla was an ally to his pack. But the male admitted he was formerly of Tortuga, and his ears flicked atop his cranium in mild curiosity. "May I ask -- was your pack overthrown?" It was a bit of a strange thing to imagine, since Seracia seemed stable, unbreakable. It was part of the reason he had urged Silent to join, wanting a safe home for his children.